It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 06:16 AM   #1
(male)

chrisd312 HB User
sinus issues and now nystagmus

hi, I have battled my sinuses for about 3 weeks now. I tried the antihistimines and such, had a little noise in the ears, its gone, neck pain on each side, comes and goes, just below the ear pain each side, drainage constant down the throat. I am not too stuffy though, not blowing yellow.

I went to the med express. they did not see the ears with any fluid. I got 875 mg of amoxicillian 2 times a day for 10 days. I have not had any luck with this. I started having weird things in the eyes. Thought I had a problem with a retina tear. went to my eye doctor and he said I have a nystagmus. He thinks is related to the infection because I said I am currently being treated for it. and its all of the sudden with this eye issue.

Now, I was Biten by a spider in which I had a reaction to: chills, stomach issues fever, hot flashes. It went away, But, this is when I started getting the sinus problems also. I thought maybe this spider infected me with something and it went to my head!

thanks for any help. anybody treated with better antibiotics and what frequency and mg doses.

Chris

Old 10-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
(female)

trigal HB User
Re: sinus issues and now nystagmus

I too get vision issues related to my sinuses and/or when my sinuses are inflammed or infected.

I get;

flashing lights in my peripherial vision
ceiling fan sort of flicker when I look down in my right eye
and last but not least, nystagmus. When I wake in the morning my right vision is literally jumpy...

I am not 100% sure it is coming from sinus but there does seem to be a connection. Been to all sort of eye docs and eyes are fine.

I think my ethnoid and sphenoid sinuses get effected and hence the vision issues????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2012, 01:07 PM   #3
(male)

chrisd312 HB User

Ive have found I got lyme disease and I had these issues the first time I had lyme 10 years ago. i got ride of the bacteria, but I just got bit again and now I have long term lyme again. looks like my vision issues are from that, not sinus. you may want to look into the lyme disease if you have had flu like issues, muscles that ache like the Flu in morning and really any time. Im on antibiotics, but it will take time. the nystagmus is the jumping and that at least in me is the Lyme bacteria causing these issues. nasty bug. Chris

Old 10-01-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
(female)

trigal HB User

Actually.....I have chronic lyme as well. I am being treated by Dr. H. in Hyde Park for the past year but have had lyme for at least 10 years like you. I have done the IV route only to relapse...

I also have Chiari Malformation which can cause these symptoms. I had surgery for chiari thinking it would reslove the eye issues but not to be...Nystagmus is a very common symptom of chiari as well.

My vision issues still seem to get worse with sinuses, but also when I take a break from my abx.s. I think it is all connected.

I am also treating for babesia...

Old 10-02-2012, 04:55 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

jerry486 HB User
Wink Re: sinus issues and now nystagmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisd312 View Post
hi, I have battled my sinuses for about 3 weeks now. I tried the antihistimines and such, had a little noise in the ears, its gone, neck pain on each side, comes and goes, just below the ear pain each side, drainage constant down the throat. I am not too stuffy though, not blowing yellow.

I went to the med express. they did not see the ears with any fluid. I got 875 mg of amoxicillian 2 times a day for 10 days. I have not had any luck with this. I started having weird things in the eyes. Thought I had a problem with a retina tear. went to my eye doctor and he said I have a nystagmus. He thinks is related to the infection because I said I am currently being treated for it. and its all of the sudden with this eye issue.

Now, I was Biten by a spider in which I had a reaction to: chills, stomach issues fever, hot flashes. It went away, But, this is when I started getting the sinus problems also. I thought maybe this spider infected me with something and it went to my head!

thanks for any help. anybody treated with better antibiotics and what frequency and mg doses.

Chris
antihistamines are not really the best of treatments in the world, they are in actual fact more stronger than the medication your doctor would prescribe you. they also present you with more side effects. This is why it is better to save yourself the trouble and just head to a doctor. Hope you get well soon.

Reply Reply