It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2012, 12:03 PM   #1
(female)

smith1191 HB User
nose pressure/cheek pain/ head pain

For the past year i have had severe and very debilitating pain in my head, in my cheeks, on the bridge of my nose, the roof of my mount and what feels like behind my nose.
I have had to quit all my sports and after struggling to complete a full day of school this year i am going to have to either take a year out or repeat this year as no progress has been made.

I am convinced it is something to do with my sinus.. i have such severe pressure around my nose, on the bride of my nose and in my cheeks. it is only ever in one cheek at a time though . if i sleep on my left side one night the pain will be on that side and in my head (across my eyebrows but mainly in between my eyebrows). But after a sinus xray, mri scan and blood tests coming back normal i dont know what it is anymore.

i sometimes hear/feel a cracking or bubbling sensation in my cheek. i have no congestion though which is the odd thing. i havent had to blow my nose in about a year yet i always do blow it as i feel so much pressure and it feels like i need to blow it.

i am in so much pain constantly, i wake up with the pain and go to bed with it. i have no energy and all i want to do is sleep. that is all i can do . i am useless. i can only really go out for maximum an hour or two because i am in so much pain i just have to go home and lie down.

no painkillers relieve the pain, nothing seems to. i have tried sudafed and been on 5 courses of antibiotics in 10months. a year later i am still completely clueless as to what this is.

i have had a few endoscopys. about 5 months ago they found a small bit of infection and put me on antibiotics for. i thought maybe it had not cleared up.

i got a dental scan recently and they think my left maxillary sinus was slightly blocked. i thought great ill go with this to the ent again and they cant turn me away .. they will have to do a surgery or something. so i went to get a ct sinus scan just to have more back up , but it came back completely clear? it wasn't in line with the dental scan. i expected it to come back with my sinus' blocked but no.

i am so confused i dont know where to go now..

i dont know if this is of any relevance but during this year i have lost weight and my periods have stopped. i am putting on weight again but my periods still havent started.

someone please help me or give me some sort of advice. all i do is be in pain and after being up for an hour i have to lie down im just in so so much pain.

thank you for reading this

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2013, 09:26 PM   #2
(female)

Sarlac HB User
Re: nose pressure/cheek pain/ head pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith1191 View Post
For the past year i have had severe and very debilitating pain in my head, in my cheeks, on the bridge of my nose, the roof of my mount and what feels like behind my nose.
I have had to quit all my sports and after struggling to complete a full day of school this year i am going to have to either take a year out or repeat this year as no progress has been made.

I am convinced it is something to do with my sinus.. i have such severe pressure around my nose, on the bride of my nose and in my cheeks. it is only ever in one cheek at a time though . if i sleep on my left side one night the pain will be on that side and in my head (across my eyebrows but mainly in between my eyebrows). But after a sinus xray, mri scan and blood tests coming back normal i dont know what it is anymore.

i sometimes hear/feel a cracking or bubbling sensation in my cheek. i have no congestion though which is the odd thing. i havent had to blow my nose in about a year yet i always do blow it as i feel so much pressure and it feels like i need to blow it.

i am in so much pain constantly, i wake up with the pain and go to bed with it. i have no energy and all i want to do is sleep. that is all i can do . i am useless. i can only really go out for maximum an hour or two because i am in so much pain i just have to go home and lie down.

no painkillers relieve the pain, nothing seems to. i have tried sudafed and been on 5 courses of antibiotics in 10months. a year later i am still completely clueless as to what this is.

i have had a few endoscopys. about 5 months ago they found a small bit of infection and put me on antibiotics for. i thought maybe it had not cleared up.

i got a dental scan recently and they think my left maxillary sinus was slightly blocked. i thought great ill go with this to the ent again and they cant turn me away .. they will have to do a surgery or something. so i went to get a ct sinus scan just to have more back up , but it came back completely clear? it wasn't in line with the dental scan. i expected it to come back with my sinus' blocked but no.

i am so confused i dont know where to go now..

i dont know if this is of any relevance but during this year i have lost weight and my periods have stopped. i am putting on weight again but my periods still havent started.

someone please help me or give me some sort of advice. all i do is be in pain and after being up for an hour i have to lie down im just in so so much pain.

thank you for reading this
Did you ever find out what was happening and why it was?

Reply Reply

Tags
headache pressure, pain, pressure, sinus