It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
(male)

Liquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB User
Swollen sinuses , ENT says allergies? Really?

Went to an ENT last Friday because I have a post nasal drip, sore throat, and seems eustachian tubes are blocked, water feeling in ears. She said looks like allergies ( had this since late April) got better in may the cane back hard in June during heat way. On cool days with no humidity it seems better, driving with AC is better, windows open or motorcycling = much much worse.She gave me singulair , new nasal spray . No ct scan, nothing?!? She said mucus was clear no smell, no fever so not too much to worry? I also get jaw pressure under my ears when it's bad and stiff neck back of head. Dizzy to when it's bad out, ?? All seems to lessen when it's cool out, or indoors with AC filtered. Can this all be allergies? I don't want to find out I have a tumor or cancer when it's too late!

Old 08-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Swollen sinuses , ENT says allergies? Really?

Everything you said about your symptoms and when they occur matches outdoor allergies perfectly. There's no reason at all to suspect you might have cancer, and no reason to subject you to the extra radiation from a head CT scan.

If the Singulair and nasal spray don't cut it for you, try other antihistamines, such as Allegra or Zyrtec. Since you're already having bad symptoms, though, it might take a week or two to get things under control. Next year, you'll know to start treating before it even starts.

If medicines aren't adequate, you can go to an allergist for skin scratch testing to find out exactly what your allergies are, and then maybe go on allergy shots. They take a while, but they can help a LOT.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
(male)

Liquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB User

Thanks for the response that makes me feel better. I never new allergies could upgrade from one year to the next this bad. I also never knew how much damage they could do to sinuses, I was always under the impression it was always your standard runny nose, itchy eyes and maybe a headache. One thing I do know is a post nasal drip made my top five list of worst things that have happened to me geez what an awful symptom especially when it goes for days and your stomach says enough!!

Old 08-21-2012, 02:46 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

jerry486 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidplasma View Post
Thanks for the response that makes me feel better. I never new allergies could upgrade from one year to the next this bad. I also never knew how much damage they could do to sinuses, I was always under the impression it was always your standard runny nose, itchy eyes and maybe a headache. One thing I do know is a post nasal drip made my top five list of worst things that have happened to me geez what an awful symptom especially when it goes for days and your stomach says enough!!
We are always told to tell people to go to the doctor or the ENT whereas we know exactly what treats what. Many doctors have developed this thing of diagnosing people according to symptoms alone. You will find that people have had nasal polyp for years now and when asked if they went to a doctor, they will tell you that the doctor prescribed a nasal spray or decongestant because as the patient you had said that your nose is blocked. When blood works and CT scans are done, then only do you release that you have wasted so much money. This is why it is essential to always get a second opinion when you feel like your diagnosis is wrong. You must get well soon Liquidplasma.

Closed Thread