It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
(female)

mistys HB User
Sinus related symptom?

Hello....

I just posted on another thread about my dilemma and would appreciate any input or knowledge anyone might have about my problem.

I was just wondering if anyone has shortness of breath with your other sinus symptoms. I have had sinus problems as far back as I can remember and for the most part, just toughed it out until they got better. For the past two months I have been suffering with bouts of post nasal drip, stuffy nose, some coughing without much productivity and shortness of breath. After two rounds of treatment for bronchitis/allergies, as soon as I complete the meds and steriods, the symptoms return. Quite by accident, I have found that a good saline washing in the nostrils relieves the shortness of breath most of the time. Is that possible, or am I delusional? Could the shortness of breath be caused from my sinus problems instead of something else? It has really been frustrating and I am searching for any help and advice I can find.
Thanks...

Old 08-23-2012, 02:27 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

jerry486 HB User
Re: Sinus related symptom?

It looks like it hey. Hear is an example: If you catch a cold often, or suffer from sinusitis worse than Kaa's from Jungle Book, it's possible that you are not breathing right. Breathing is really essential, if you do not breath properly then your sinuses begin to panic which is why most people with Asthma are most likely to get Asthmatic bronchitis at some point in their lives.

If the airways are inflamed, air has more difficulty getting to your lungs. With less air getting in, you can feel short of breath. You may wheeze and cough in an attempt to draw in more oxygen through tightened passageways. So if you did not have shortness of breath you sinuses would not have the urge to make more mucus as it reacts.

It is like when your gums are swollen, you might feel pressure on the sinuses but once you fix the sinus problem then your sinuses snap back to really and work normally.

I hope you understand what I mean...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2012, 06:06 AM   #3
(female)

mistys HB User

Thanks for your reply!

Well, that makes sense to me since I have had breathing problems for a while and also a deviated septum, hence the reason for frequent nasal washings with saline spray.

Could you go into more detail about proper breathing? I never have paid any attention to how I breath until I get short of breath and it becomes physically hard to exhale.

My GP said the next step is a chest x-ray, but I feel so strongly that this is occurring only from the base of my throat upward since I have no pain nor discomfort below that area. I have a difficult time coughing up what little mucus I have in my throat because it is so thick. Due to that, I try to drink lots of water but it doesn't seem to help that much.

I thank you very much for your advice and help.

Last edited by mistys; 08-23-2012 at 06:07 AM.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:27 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

jerry486 HB User

Proper breathing would have to be learned from Yoga, you must check it out on the internet their article is called, "We don't really know how to breathe!". It has to do with sinusitis and breathing techniques.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:04 PM   #5
(male)

ashu arora HB User

take ginger {adrak} IN RAW FORM
4 TIME IN A day
it is very helpfull
to get rid of sinus problems really....

The Following User Says Thank You to ashu arora For This Useful Post:
Silverfoxuk (10-19-2012)
Old 10-22-2012, 12:21 PM   #6
(male)

bobb101794 HB User

I suffer from this as well,Mistys.it leads anxiety as well.when i do the nasal irrigation 2-3 times per day its better.i used to do Tai Chi and it helped.i will start that.I noticed you're from the southern Us.S.I am as well and the weather has been hideous acting to make it worse.all the best to you !

Reply Reply