It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #1
(male)

eriic1977 HB User
Angry cant smell or taste :(

Hi I'm Eric and have had allergy problems for about 17 years now. I have done the allergy shot thing and no results. Took almost every allergie pill that is out there I think. I'm mostly just allergic to cats and rag weed and that's no big deal. I had sinus surgery last Oct and they removed a lot of polyps and did relieve a lot of sinus pressure I was having. I did not ever regain my smell or taste. I can smell and taste when I take a lot of prednisone but I haven't done that for over a year because I had taken so much and it landed me in the hospital. I just can't stand it anymore, not being able to smell and taste. I would appreciate any help I can get.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2012, 02:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

gcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB User
Re: cant smell or taste :(

Unfortunately, you probably need to head back to the ENT for a follow up visit about this particular issue. It's possible that there is still enough inflammation in your sinuses to block the receptors that capture smell and addressing the inflammation will solve that problem. It's also possible that your previous surgery damaged the receptors - which is a very common problem - and that you won't regain your sense of taste/smell.

I wish I had something more encouraging to tell you, but either way, you really need to see an ENT to try to sort this out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread