It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2012, 05:34 AM   #1
(female)

Cher2108 HB User
Angry Medrol pack for Sinus pain/pressure

I started the Medrol pack on Thursday, and Im feeling some great relief of sinus pain/pressure... Wondering if anyone else has taken this to eliminate the swelling, and if so did it last for some time?? IM REALLY HOPING THIS LASTS even just a month I'd be happy.

Last edited by Cher2108; 09-27-2012 at 09:06 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

gcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB User
Re: Medrol pack for Sinus pain/pressure

How long it will last really depends on what's causing your sinus pressure. If the pressure is caused by allergic inflammation, the effects of the Medrol dose pack may only last a few weeks (unless you get your allergies under control). If the inflammation is caused by something else you may get relief for much longer.

Unfortunately, sinus inflammation and pressure can be a pain to treat if the underlying cause isn't treated (or managed). Hopefully your doctor has some idea of what's causing the inflammation and you have a plan for keeping it under control with saline irrigation, steroid sprays, allergy treatment, etc.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
(female)

Cher2108 HB User
Re: Medrol pack for Sinus pain/pressure

Well I finished the pack on Sunday, and BAM Monday I was back to the same ole pain!! Yesterday was the worst. I honestly dont know what to do anymore.. I can't take this pain all the time. My CT SCAN says clear, and my face (eyes, cheek bone, and forehead) tell me another thing... I just called my health insurance and Im going to try out accupuncture.. At this point Im will to try just about anything to eliminate the pain...

Old 09-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #4
(female)

Cher2108 HB User
Unhappy Re: Medrol pack for Sinus pain/pressure

Right now Im doing saline spray, steroid spray, allergy shots, and allergy meds... I do all of this, and it doesnt even matter!! It just stays the same. I've already had sinus surgery 2 years ago..

Closed Thread