It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #16
(female)

lilglow HB User
Re: Chronic Post Nasal Drip - BAD BREATH.

Any help/advice would be amazing please in response to my above post Thank you. X

Last edited by lilglow; 07-19-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:31 PM   #17
(female)

DiamondEyes2230 HB UserDiamondEyes2230 HB User

Hey girl. You need to check out an ENT. I also had bad breath for awhile, 4 years to be exact and I also thought it was dental issues. The odor did come out my nose as well. I just had my tonsils out two weeks ago and it has cured my bad breath. I'm still healing, and it's been PAINFUL to say the least, but in my opinion soo very worth it. Seriously try to find a good ENT and see if they can find anything. I pretty much had my tonsils out because of my bad breath.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2012, 12:26 AM   #18
(female)

lilglow HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondEyes2230 View Post
Hey girl. You need to check out an ENT. I also had bad breath for awhile, 4 years to be exact and I also thought it was dental issues. The odor did come out my nose as well. I just had my tonsils out two weeks ago and it has cured my bad breath. I'm still healing, and it's been PAINFUL to say the least, but in my opinion soo very worth it. Seriously try to find a good ENT and see if they can find anything. I pretty much had my tonsils out because of my bad breath.
Hi thank you. I have been thinking I may need to visit one for a while. I am due to see my GP again next week and I am going to suggest to him if I could be referred. I did something new this morning by using salt water as well as my normal mouthwash in my routine I feel as though I have build up now at the back of my mouth and nose (i am just getting over a cold also) but my nose hasn't ran so far since brushing my teeth like normal. I am going to continue with the salt water and blowing my nose after to clear and see if this helps.

I did suggest to my GP also a while ago re having my tonsils out as I get a lot of sore throats each year, talking around 3 every couple of months but he was focused on my ibs at the time so I will suggest again also. Good luck with your recovery, hope the pain gets better for you soon and your on the mend. I'm envious you have a cure lol, hopefully the pain has been worth it for you.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:44 PM   #19
(female)

sloth579 HB User

I have not been so excited in ages; to realise that I am not alone! What a relief (Though it pains me that we're all suffering). This post has been most helpful in that unlike most of you, I have tried my best to ignore the symptoms. (A side note should be explained here and that is my utmost dislike for doctors, dentists, pills etc. I'll blame it on parents who self-medicate even though they always ensured that we, as children, sought medical attention. Now that I'm an adult, coupled with stubborness, you get a better picture of my need to ignore it). That being said, the past 8months have been terrible for my family, regarding health issues, and needless to say it has shocked some sense into me. After many years of suffering with severe acid reflux, we finally convinced (or rather tricked) my mother into seeing a doctor. The doctor was so shocked with the symptoms that she sent her directly to a surgeon that day for an opinion. My mother was booked in for an emergency gastroscopy and it was found that she had Barrats esophagus which is essentially 4the stage esophagitis pre cancer . She had an emergency op over Christmas and has been recovering very slowly (lost 35 kilos) which was scary. It was suggested that both my brother and I get checked as it can be hereditary and my brother went asap and was diagnosed with 3rd stage esophagitis and sheduled for an opin March. It was a very trying time and I convinced my family that I would go for a check up after my brother's operation. On the day of his op the sister. landed up finding an abnormality in my brother's heart beats and pulled him from having the op ... It has been a few months and the diagnosis is bad. Turns out he has a congenital heart defect that was never picked up and means his heart beats between 32 and 36 while resting which is below half of what it should be beating at; diagnosis - pacemaker! Problem is, he is 27 and no doctor will give him one till he shows symptoms such as passing out etc? My mom and dad have been a wreck over it and I finally went for my check up last week. Turns out I have grade B esophagitis and am now on chronic meds to hopefully alleviate the need for an operation. Now, I know I went off on a tangent there and I apologise for the digression but these scares have made me realise you can't ignore anything in life and I am on the journey to try fix all these things. I now realise the esophagitis may have caused my PND but who knows at this stage as it is too soon to know. I've suffered with tonsilitis for years and have always thought it to be the PND causing it ... I am planning on seeing an ENT after I've been on my new meds for a month. Hopefully all of this is interlinked because I really am tired of the bad breath, sore throats and constant hacking (very unbecoming for a lady) haha ...
Thank you all so much for this post ... Will keep reading and posting as I go through this stuff as well x

Old 07-21-2012, 05:42 AM   #20
(male)

nopisama HB User

to gcsjr:
many times i forget to take it, and its quite frankly a pain. also, it does help me, but it never cures all the symptoms, especially the pnd.
im simply looking for a cure, and not just a way of handling it.

Last edited by Administrator; 10-08-2012 at 05:42 AM.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:01 PM   #21
(female)

love63367 HB Userlove63367 HB Userlove63367 HB User

Thank you to everyone for posting their own experiences! I'm truly sorry for not keeping up to date for the past week or so! I appreciate every single post. It feels so incredible to have a community of people sharing the same issues. I just wanted to write this message quickly, but I will thoroughly read through each one of your stories and write a post very soon commenting on everyone's. Thank you all so much for keeping this thread alive! Please post as much as you want, conversations and opinions are the key to finding a solution(:

The following user gives a hug of support to love63367:
DiamondEyes2230 (07-22-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to love63367 For This Useful Post:
DiamondEyes2230 (07-22-2012)
Old 07-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #22
(female)

Thank you so much BabyJRu1202 for the advice! Do you believe your BB was caused more by tonsil stones or the post nasal drip? And did you suffer from having mucus running down your throat 24/7? But that's great news to here about the surgery! What form of Probiotics are you taking, are you finding it helped with the post nasal drip? Thanks for sharing your experience with all of us, I'm so happy that you found a solution(: Please keep us updated!

Old 07-31-2012, 12:31 PM   #23
(female)

BabyJRu1202 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLove14 View Post
Thank you so much BabyJRu1202 for the advice! Do you believe your BB was caused more by tonsil stones or the post nasal drip? And did you suffer from having mucus running down your throat 24/7? But that's great news to here about the surgery! What form of Probiotics are you taking, are you finding it helped with the post nasal drip? Thanks for sharing your experience with all of us, I'm so happy that you found a solution(: Please keep us updated!
Hey OneLove Ok so to answer your questions: I think my BB was caused by BOTH. Originally my PND was green. At the time I had no idea green was not a normal color. I thought all mucus was green. Its not. My ENT told me that green is a def sign of an infection. So imagine that.. Green mucus running down into your throat. It was disgusting to say the least. So once my infection was gone, I did still occasionally get PND and i still had BB because I still had my tonsils. I do not have PND 24/7. But when I do its clear. Since having my tonsils out though I haven't had any PND. I can't really explain why.

I used up the last of my ProBiotics before my surgery and was told to take nothing while taking all of the medication during recovery. When I used the last of my bottle I threw it away so I apologize I do not know the name or brand of them off the top of my head. At some point probably within the next week I'll be off of all my medication completely and I will return to my regular routine of what I was using before surgery. I can see the bottle in my head but cant give you a name of it, so I will post what I use when I pick up my next bottle.

I return to work next week so I'm excited to see the reactions of my coworkers and clients to see if they hold their nose or back away from me. I don't have a bad taste in my mouth anymore, or smell my own breath thru my nose and my family and fiance haven't said a thing about my breath. Which they love me and were all so super polite prior to surgery and never wanted to hurt my feelings. Others in this world however are not so nice... I'm nervous to start work again because I know I'll def get a true response. Its scary and I think I've had BB for so long that I don't really know what its like to live without it! That's so sad, but I know you all know what I mean. I really feel much freer already and I soooo want you all to experience this.

I think about you guys and pray for you often. Its been wonderful finding a community that I can relate to. Mentally I'm not over my BB and will keeping in touch often. Chat with you soon!

The following user gives a hug of support to BabyJRu1202:
love63367 (07-31-2012)
Old 07-31-2012, 03:04 PM   #24
(female)

That's fantastic! I hope all goes well when you return to work(: That is definitely true how others can be so cruel. I'm currently going to be a junior in high school so most of my classmates don't mention anything directly about my bb. However, I just know that they talk about it behind my back, as most teenagers tend to deal with situations I guess. When the day comes when someone directly complains about my bb, I'm afraid I'll break crying. They won't understand that there isn't a minute that goes by without me worrying about my breath</3 But aside from that, I'm so so happy to hear your success! Let us all know how your return to work goes!

Old 08-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #25
(female)

BabyJRu1202 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLove14 View Post
That's fantastic! I hope all goes well when you return to work(: That is definitely true how others can be so cruel. I'm currently going to be a junior in high school so most of my classmates don't mention anything directly about my bb. However, I just know that they talk about it behind my back, as most teenagers tend to deal with situations I guess. When the day comes when someone directly complains about my bb, I'm afraid I'll break crying. They won't understand that there isn't a minute that goes by without me worrying about my breath</3 But aside from that, I'm so so happy to hear your success! Let us all know how your return to work goes!

:/ My heart just breaks for you. I would SERIOUSLY think about getting your tonsils looked at. I had small tonsils and small tonsil stones as well and i thought I was getting them all, but I still had BB. I forced my doctor to dig around in there and sure enough he found a whole crap load of them that I couldn't see nor could get to!

Today I had a little bit of PND, I'm still not 100% healed from my surgery either and it doesn't smell. I really think your tonsils may have something to do with it as well. Mine were never swollen or big, and I just kept making appts and kept going back to my doctor and telling him my symptoms weren't going away. I became the horrible squeaky wheel lol until he decided to do something. And when he dug around in there like I said I had a lot of tonsil stones that I wasn't able to get to. My ENT said the only way to fix the problem was get them out. And I have no regrets girl.

I know its embarrassing and I know its hard to explain to your parents but you do not need to live that way. You also need to find a doctor that's going to listen to you. The only person who can take the initiative is you. Keep your head up and know that I'm thinking about you and praying for your strength

The following user gives a hug of support to BabyJRu1202:
love63367 (08-07-2012)
Old 08-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #26
(male)

booju HB User

Hi everyone,

I too have been suffering from bb for the past few years. It is absolutely depressing to smell my bb just seconds after brushing my teeth. I have tried many bad breath products and none of them work. My dentist tells me I have immaculate oral/dental health, but I still suffer from bb, dry month and white tongue. It occupies my mind 24/7 and it's hard not to lose hope.

I would like to describe my bb. It seems to be coming from the back of my throat and smells like rotten eggs. I don't even have to smell my bb and know it's there because I can "feel" the bb if I breathe out from my mouth upwards toward my nose. After a meal, there is a lot of mucus build up in my throat area and I would spend 30 minutes after to clear my throat. I constantly have dry mouth and a white tongue, but brushing my tongue does help remove the coating off my tongue for a few hours. I don't suffer from any allergies.

I read every post in this thread and see that PND is a common problem for many posters. I have no idea if I have PND or not, and am wondering if I can diagnose myself.... I really want to go see an ENT but getting a referral is not so easy in Canada.

Thanks for your time.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #27
(female)

BabyJRu1202, I've always wondered if there were more tonsil stones in my mouth than I could see. Sometimes I can catch a glimpse of one in the hole that is visible behind your tonsil, I'm assuming it is the airway that connects to your nose. I wonder, since I have post nasal drip constantly, how much build-up there actually is. I will try talking to my mom about it tonight & see what she thinks! Thank you for your advice<3 And in response to Booju, it sounds like we both suffer from the large amounts of mucus after we eat! Do you find there is a lot of mucus after you eat anything?! For me at least, it doesn't matter what I eat, there is always that horrible mucus stuck in my throat and on my tongue after, causing horrible bb. And I completely understand when you said you can't smell your bb, but you can feel it. For me, I obviously can't smell it but I can definitely taste it. I often wonder how bad it smells because, even if I chew gum & can taste the gum flavor, I forget that there is all that mucus and bacteria build-up on my tongue that smells awful as well. Please continue to visit this board Booju! We all suffer from some form of bb here & communication and understanding, I personally think, plays a huge role in remaining hopeful! One other quick question for everyone involved in this thread, I know hot tea is good for balancing bacteria in your mouth & is generally very healthy for you. But I recently saw this recipe for this tea that is supposed to help break up mucus. It involves ginger & cayenne pepper I believe. I'm sorry I dont have the exact recipe at the moment. Does anyone think this may help, even if it doesn't stop the mucus from actually producing. I'm thinking maybe it could help break it up in my throat and on my tongue before it has time to smell? If anyone has any thoughts on that, please let me know!

Old 08-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #28
(male)

ihatepnd HB User

Hi friends i m from germany ... my english is not well .. but we can all talk about pnd and share our experience each other i m 17 years old and this problem was started 1,5 years ago .. and now i want to kill this problem ... because i dont want to live life long with bad breath if i know that can be cured ... can we all talk in this forum ? Thxxx.... dont make funny about me and my english .. inm too sick like you all

Old 08-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #29
(female)

BabyJRu1202 HB User

OneLove, Have you tried cutting back on milk products? About a year ago I switched over to Unsweetened Almond Milk and pretty much cut out milk products like ice cream, straight milk, yogurts and things like that. It helped cut down on my mucus problem. If I make something that needs milk I usually substitute it with the Almond Milk. I didn't stop eating things with milk already in them. Like if I went to a friends house and they had something with milk in it I would eat it. But even things like gravy have milk in them.

I also cut out A LOT of sweets. I also found that with anything I was eating that had high sugar in it my BB would get worse. With a little bit of exercise and cutting those things out I lost 30lbs.

I also truly do believe there is a major correlation between tonsil stones and PND. In my opinion tonsil stones are/were food partials, but your PND is back there as well. Why wouldn't there be mucus in there as well?

I'm waiting for my doctor to call me for my post op appointment and when I see him again I'm going to ask if some of that build-up in the tonsils is contributed to PND.

Ive never heard of the tea thing. I can't imagine drinking ginger and cayenne together lol But I'm def interested in hearing your results if you try it!

ihatepnd, absolutely no one is going to make fun of you. Thanks for joining in on this forum!

Old 08-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #30
(male)

ihatepnd HB User

Thx for replay friend ... did your pnd start suddenly .. in one day ? ... in my case i wake up and my pnd was started .. and never go back ...

Reply Reply