It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #31
(male)

booju HB User
Re: Chronic Post Nasal Drip - BAD BREATH.

@OneLove14,

I get mucus after eating anything as well. I will try to get referred to an ENT and see what she has to say about it.

What's pnd and how do I know if I have it without getting diagnosed by a doctor?

Hang in there everyone!

Old 08-07-2012, 10:59 AM   #32
(male)

ihatepnd HB User

@bojuu if u become caugh after eating you have to look of food allergies and stomach problems like gerd ... because real postnasal drip is very worse .. everybody can it feel or see .. if have pnd you feel it every second ... and its everytime in your throat coming out from nose ..

The Following User Says Thank You to ihatepnd For This Useful Post:
booju (08-07-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #33
(male)

booju HB User

@ihatepnd,

Thanks for your response. Can you describe exactly what you feel what it is coming out of your nose into your throat? Is it like a leaking faucet dripping water into the kitchen sink? If that's the case, I don't feel anything like that. In fact, I don't feel anything in my throat except the mucus buildup, bad taste when I swallow, and obviously the bad breath.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #34
(male)

ihatepnd HB User

Its not about feel some time you feel same from stomach like from pnd .. or sometime you have something else in your throat .. but my tip is not swallow while and watch the back of the neck as if mucus is coming down then you have post nasal drip

Old 08-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #35
(female)

BabyJRu1202 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by booju View Post
@ihatepnd,

Thanks for your response. Can you describe exactly what you feel what it is coming out of your nose into your throat? Is it like a leaking faucet dripping water into the kitchen sink? If that's the case, I don't feel anything like that. In fact, I don't feel anything in my throat except the mucus buildup, bad taste when I swallow, and obviously the bad breath.
I would say to me it feels/felt like a slimy salty-ish mess. I also would get a sore throat from it often before my tonsils were removed. I had chronic infections and mine was green. So I def could see my Post Nasal Drip (PND) Mine is no longer green but i still do get it on occasion after the infection was cleared and after my tonsils were removed. I can tell because it's got a salty taste to it? Thats the best way i can describe it. I'm sorry. I can no longer see it now though. I also have no coating on tongue since I was treated for my chronic sinus infections and since Ive had my tonsils removed.

I really cant feel like. And if it weren't for the fact that mine was colored in my past I wouldnt have been able to see it either.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #36
(male)

booju HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJRu1202 View Post
I would say to me it feels/felt like a slimy salty-ish mess. I also would get a sore throat from it often before my tonsils were removed. I had chronic infections and mine was green. So I def could see my Post Nasal Drip (PND) Mine is no longer green but i still do get it on occasion after the infection was cleared and after my tonsils were removed. I can tell because it's got a salty taste to it? Thats the best way i can describe it. I'm sorry. I can no longer see it now though. I also have no coating on tongue since I was treated for my chronic sinus infections and since Ive had my tonsils removed.

I really cant feel like. And if it weren't for the fact that mine was colored in my past I wouldnt have been able to see it either.
I may have to see an ENT to get properly diagnosed then. I too have a bad taste in my mouth and throat, but it's hard to describe the taste as well... I think it's a little metallic and perhaps a little salty and sour too. When I open and breathe in through my mouth while sticking my tongue out, I get a bitter taste.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #37
(female)

BabyJRu1202 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by booju View Post
I may have to see an ENT to get properly diagnosed then. I too have a bad taste in my mouth and throat, but it's hard to describe the taste as well... I think it's a little metallic and perhaps a little salty and sour too. When I open and breathe in through my mouth while sticking my tongue out, I get a bitter taste.
I had everyone single one of those tastes as well too. The metallic taste a lot. I would def make an apt to go see an ENT and find one that will listen to you. Ask about tonsil stones as well because for some reason it seems like a lot of people have both PND and tonsil stones? Not sure why. I'm going to ask that like I said at my next appointment. I'm hoping within the week I will see my doctor.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:50 PM   #38
(male)

ihatepnd HB User

Yes your tonsils catch 24/7 your pnd ... and that nake tonsil stone ... 1 tip never removed tonsil cause they catch your 30% pnd at the start so yyou have then only 70 bad breath .. you can gargel with salt water to make your tonsil better but u cab remove tonsil stone .. my tonsil was very goof i thought thats why i have bad breath .. i did removed ms tonsil now the pnd is everywhere in my throat and baf breath ist worser ... soo the problem is only pnd .. we have to work like a team ..

Old 08-08-2012, 10:49 PM   #39
(male)

ihatepnd HB User

Where are the other ppeople like onelove ? ... i have some quastions

Old 08-09-2012, 12:56 AM   #40
(female)

shepherdred HB User

I have exactly what the lady described. I believe what you say. This is awful and tiring. I will try what you say. Thank you soooo much! People, including my family think that i just don't know how to brush my teeth.

The following user gives a hug of support to shepherdred:
BabyJRu1202 (08-21-2012)
Old 08-09-2012, 01:04 AM   #41
(female)

shepherdred HB User

I must say that what u described is exactly what i have been dealing with for quite some time. No one has said it like you did. I had to ask myself if I wrote your words. Thank you for writing it. Have you found any relief? Doctors just tell me they don't "appreciate" any odor and don't know what to do. I know exactly the depression and sadness. I am well liked also and people just won't reply to me or they give me the wide eye look and step back a few hundred feet. It is really hard. Thank you. Please write and say how you are now.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:43 AM   #42
(male)

ihatepnd HB User

My doctor said today its normel that you have pnd .. but they dont understand .its not normel ... i had try everything removed my tonsil i did use spray candida dišt qntibiotia for klebsiela oxtyca but nuthin helps my pnd ... now i want to try dišt i ddont eat 1 week then i look if the pnd is better then i know the problem is in my food .. but i dont think so because i did try candida diat i didnt eat fett oil milk suger there was nothing change... but i want to try it and today i become antibiotica for helicobakter but everybody has helicobacter .. ctt scan showed everything is oki ... many people have allergys but they dont have bad breath .. i dont know what to do sucide is wrong way

Old 08-16-2012, 04:02 AM   #43
(female)

lilglow HB User

I'm so glad to have found this board. I've had BB for 3 years now and recently discovered the smell is much worse from my nose. I have had all tests etc and numerous sprays for my nose from my GP and things only get worse.

I finally got my breakthrough (I hope) last night when my GP agreed to refer me to an ENT, I've never been more pleased in my life to be visiting a hospital lol! I really hope this is the start of my road to recovering from this. Just like you all I have/am so low. This effects my entire life now, self worth, my job, friendships... everything. I'm so glad I found this site were others share the same problems. Finally don't feel dirty talking about this when I know there are so many others going through the same.

I wanted to say @onelove14 your strength I have seen through this board is inspiring. I hope we all can see a change for each other soon. I will keep you updated on my progress, hoping to see the ENT in 2 weeks. Wish me luck, keeping everything crossed I finally have some answers.

xxx

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: lilglow
BabyJRu1202 (08-21-2012), DiamondEyes2230 (08-16-2012)
Old 08-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #44
(male)

BreathFreely HB User

I've been following this board for sometime and I am also thankful to find other people that are dealing with this issue. I too had the yellowish tonsil stones that smelled like rotten eggs sometimes fecies. 6 months ago I had my tonsils removed hoping this would alleviate my lifelong battle with bad breath. Unfortunately it did not, I am still battlng with this embarrassing condition. Has any one tried the Johnson and Johnson shampoo and nasal irrigator recommendation from a earlier post?

Old 08-29-2012, 04:56 AM   #45
Inactive
(male)

jerry486 HB User

OneLove14 OneLove14, did you finally find the ultimate solution to your sinusitis problem and how are your sinuses doing now?

Reply Reply