It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2012, 12:28 PM   #46
(female)

BabyJRu1202 HB User
Re: Chronic Post Nasal Drip - BAD BREATH.

BreatheFreely, I'm not saying this is your case but sometimes I still feel like I have BB because I had it for so long but I dont. I almost don't know how to live without it as horrible as that sounds. I had my tonsils removed July 16th 2012 and in my head I still have BB even though I really physically dont believe it's there now.

Do you believe something else is affecting you? I think mine is my brain still trying to grasp that my BB is gone lol

Old 09-07-2012, 10:19 PM   #47
(female)

love63367 HB Userlove63367 HB Userlove63367 HB User

Sorry about the message earlier, I was trying to post that on my own thread, sorry if there was confusion!

Last edited by love63367; 09-29-2012 at 06:27 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to love63367:
PNDSucks (09-18-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #48
(female)

jela001 HB User
Re: chronic bad breath from sinus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonor2012 View Post
Hi,

It did started with a bad cold last winter, was in antibiotics thinking that it was acid reflux, but no. Then allergy meds, kept telling me that he does not find anything, just drink more water. I have tried so many things, but it is just so disgusting, and I feel so embarrased. Please tell me if you are getting better? have you found anything else? that horrible taste, and the mucus on my tongue it's not just for few minutes, it's ALL the time. The mucus does not even go toward my throat anymore, comes out through my mouth. I am so desperate. Thanks Leonor
hI! I too have suffered the same problem as you, horrible breath, draining down my throat, well I finally went to see an Ent and she did a cat scan and I have several abscesses or cysts on my sinuses, the doctor told me that the horrible breath is caused by the cysts being full of foul smelling stuff, and the reason everything is draining down my throat is because the sinuses on my right side are totally blocked and nothing can drain out through my nose, she told me I needed surgery to correct all of these problems, I go in to have it done in a week. maybe you have similar problems to mine, I suggest going to an Ent to find out what is causing your symptoms, I am really glad I finally figured out what was wrong.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:36 AM   #49
(female)

lilglow HB User

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to post a little update of my case. I finally got the chance, after 3 years of waiting and trying to see an ENT I had my appointment yesterday. I explained all of my symptoms and what has been happening and how the smell is now much worse from my nose. He basically has diagnosed me with LPR. I am already on tablets for acid reflex but basically he says it is a very rare case and the reflex, being mainly silent is working its way up to my nose and sticking at the back of my throat. I go to pick up my medication tomorrow and start the course. I am so pleased to finally have something else to try other than my at home remides, which havenít helped. I think this is a positive thing for me, I want to re evaluate my whole life in terms of my diet etc too to contribute towards beating this BB problem thatís been holding me back for so long. I think the best thing about this so far has been the fact that I have realized how strong I can be. Even though everyday I feel like breaking down, I must be strong to have got this far. Even if this doesn't cure it I am at least on the right road finally.

I hope everyone is well and you are all hanging on in there. Keep strong and believe in your own strength and that we can all beat this. xxxx

Old 11-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #50
(male)

GrungeDude HB User

Hi guys, i just want to let u know about a home remedy CURE i found for bad breath and a white patchy tongue. It involves Glycerin. You can find the stuff at Wal-Mart or pretty much anywhere. First, brush your teeth with your normal toothpaste, then rinse. Then, place 3 drops of the Glycerin on your toothbrush and brush your tongue (some brush their teeth too). It's got a sweet taste so don't worry about the taste. I'm on day 2 of using it and it's helped a lot! Bad breath is gone and my tongue is a lot pinker. I've read up on Glycerin and it's pretty safe to use.

Hope this works for you

Last edited by moderator2; 11-02-2012 at 04:53 AM.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:57 AM   #51
(female)

Gaillove HB User

Hi...I just wanted to know if OneLove was able to find a solution to her problem?? Cause I have the same EXACT issues with my breath and I'm going to my ENT next week because after trying everything (grapefruit seed extract, baking soda, probiotics, neti pot) my mouth is still dry, my throat still feels like I have a ball of mucus just sitting there and my breath is still horrible!! but overall I really believe its something within my nasal cavity..because I never had this problem until I had a bad sinus infection a year ago..and after being treated this retarded bad breath came into existence. So hopefully I could see if there's still an infection somewhere and what the doctor can do...cause this bad breath life is for the birds!!!! I'm tired of always being self conscious when talking to people and constantly having to chew gum!! This has got to stopppp!

Old 12-13-2012, 07:22 AM   #52
(male)

GrungeDude HB User

Gaillove,
I've come to the conclusion that it IS a problem within the sinus cavity. A fungal infection, to be exact. I've tried taking oral probiotics (thinking the problem was in the gut), brushing and rinsing with Biotene and Therabreath products, brushing my tongue with Glycerin (which temporarily relieves dry mouth and bad breath), using grapefruit seed extract sinus sprays and irrigating my sinuses with saline solutions and nothing has completely worked. I just tried the baby shampoo in the irrigator/pulsator and will continue to use it for the next couple of days, hope it works. I've also read up on a Colloidal Silver sinus spray. It basically has silver in it and is supposedly very effective in killing bacteria and fungus. It's safe to use as you will only be using small amounts of it at a time. I will definitely try that down the line if the problem continues. This coming new year i will be going into an all vegetable diet (no meats, no breads, no sugars) with plenty of water for a few weeks and will see how that turns out. I believe many of people's sicknesses are diet related (junk food, too much sugar and carbs, etc.). Again, the problem is in the sinuses so we need to treat the source, not the symptoms. Keep the faith alive and don't give up!

Last edited by GrungeDude; 12-13-2012 at 07:35 AM.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:30 AM   #53
(female)

Gaillove HB User

Thanks GrudgeDude!
Im trying my best to keep hope alive! But just like you, I've also tried everything in the book with NO success!! From the GSE to the antibiotics in my nose with the baby shampoo!! So, I'm wondering if its a fungal infection as well, however I recently was referred to an allergist and found out I was allergy to almost everything that was grass or tree related. So I'm not sure if my bad breath is also a result of my allergies, however, my allergy medication seems to be helping my breathing but my bad breath is sadly still in existence I'm debating on getting my tonsils removed simply because I just want to elimante ANY possible factors at this point since I've been dealing with this for almost 2 years with minimal success! However, if it is a fungal infection I'll be sure to contact my ent to further ask. However when I asked him previously he told me that normally people only contract bacterial or viral infections and he didnt believe it could be fungal. But I'm really trying to push for me to get a CT scan, because I believe if I get one that they may be able to visually detect SOMETHING hopefully..cause this constant gum chewing is exhausting

Old 12-27-2012, 08:18 AM   #54
(male)

GrungeDude HB User

Gaillove, I agree, a CT would definitely show if there's some sort of mass in your sinus cavities. I've read up on that and it seems the only solution to getting rid of a fungal mass or ball is to have it surgically removed. But, I really don't want to take that route cause u run the risk of more problems...and God knows I don't need more. Try to convince ur ENT that u want a CT scan, most doctors aren't aware or familiar with this problem so they just try to treat it with meds. I've had this problem since I can remember, the post nasal drip, bad breath, dry mouth, white patchy tongue...and gum, mints and mouth washes only relieve my problem for about an hour, sometimes less. I believe our sinuses are swollen and we need to find out why. It could be allergies to food, pollen, pets or dust in our home. I'm gonna be removing all carpet in my home so that should help my breathing a little. One medication that worked for me when it came to nasal congestion and drying up my post nasal drip was Bromelain. It's taken from pineapple and is safe to use. It reduces swelling in your nasal passages and dries up the phlegm in your throat. It's over the counter and can be found at health food stores. I had to stop taking it cause it interacted with my blood pressure medicine but am thinking about taking it again. Keep in touch

Last edited by Administrator; 02-01-2013 at 07:23 PM.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:57 AM   #55
Senior Veteran
(female)

LL29 HB User

Hi guys and so sorry to hear about your problems. I, too, had bb problems way back when and hope they're in the past. I'm not in a relationship right now so sometimes it's hard to know 100%, but I think it's fine. My family/friends say it's fine so hoping this is the case.

At any rate, wanted to share what I know as I know how frustrating it can be... First - it's either your mouth (i.e., dental problems, gum disease, etc.), stomach (H-Pylori bacteria, acid reflux coming back up your throat, etc.) or post nasal drip (pnd)/sinus issues. Those are the three definites. A dentist can take care of the periodontal issues/gum disease or what have you. If it's stomach, then take Nexium for acid reflux or something to ensure you're keeping the acid in your stomach where it belongs or you'll wind up eating away at your esophagus. Most of the time it's sinus/pnd related.

Do not get conned into Colloidal Silver or anything crazy. I would not do the baby shampoo either unless you get that confirmed by a doctor for safety. It's not a "natural" chemical that's in our bodies like sodium (salt) so be very careful in experimenting. I think the CT scan is a great idea and believe I have a deviated septum so maybe that was the initial root? Who knows.

I did all of the Therabreath, gum, mints, etc. and what works best for pnd are the netty pots/nasal rinse solutions. You need to make sure that the water is either boiled first (use warm water) or distilled or basically that the water is not bad due to possible amoebas (bacteria) and use the salt/baking soda packets that come with the kits. I would use it twice a day in the beginning... think about it - it's a salt/saline solution (ensure you use the packets - I used Dr. Neil I think from Walmart) and you're rinsing away the phlegm that's causing the sulfur compounds/bad smelling elements. It's running the solution through your nose and a bit sometimes goes to your throat - of course spit it out. I also think you should gargle (not swallow) with warm salt water in the mornings/night after brushing your teeth and use a tongue scraper after each time you brush. Don't do it harshly either - just get any white mucous off of your entire tongue (sides too).

I do think it's a good idea to go to your ENT to get the allergy test so you're aware of what is causing your allergies (i.e., dust mites/carpet, grass/tree pollen, etc.) in order to help keep it at bay. I was allergic to dust mites and most pollens.

And after you're cured - stop thinking you have it... sometimes it's really gone. I also had my tonsils taken out in 6th grade so I'm sure the gargling would get the phlegm off so unless you have tonsilitis quite frequently - I wouldn't get surgery unless the doctor agrees.

I hope this helps and stay positive. You will get cured - just takes a bit of time. I will put you all in my prayers. And stay around positive people as well that truly care about you and will tell you the truth. If you have friends that are talking behind your back, then address it with them about your bb. If they're truly your friend, then they'll be able to help you later... if they continue to talk behind your back, then they're not your friend. Get new ones.

Take care!
LL

Old 02-01-2013, 04:17 AM   #56
(female)

Gaillove HB User

Hi GrudgeDude!! I truly apologize for just now getting back to you but with the holidays I had been pretty busy. But unfortunately the last doctor I went to kept acting like a ct scan wasn't necessary and that there was no way that I had a fungal infection because I have a good immune system and that I would have severe symptoms. (Which I believe is false...cause its obvious all of us on this page are rare cases) but thanks on advising me about the bromelain cause that's def been helping with the phlegm in my throat. But I just scheduled another appointment with a different ENT this time, and honestly I'm going to be aggressive with trying to demand both a ct scan and a sinus culture...cause its obvious something is wrong with the fact that my bb won't go away and my dentist says my teeth are extremely clean...so something isn't right and I'm sick of living like this!!!

Old 11-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #57
(male)

Iwanttolivelife HB User
Unhappy Re: Chronic Post Nasal Drip - BAD BREATH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondEyes2230 View Post
Hey girl. You need to check out an ENT. I also had bad breath for awhile, 4 years to be exact and I also thought it was dental issues. The odor did come out my nose as well. I just had my tonsils out two weeks ago and it has cured my bad breath. I'm still healing, and it's been PAINFUL to say the least, but in my opinion soo very worth it. Seriously try to find a good ENT and see if they can find anything. I pretty much had my tonsils out because of my bad breath.

Hi DiamondEyes2230!!! How are you? I've read that you actually had your tonsils removed last year. I hope this thread is still alive. How's everything? Did the tonsillectomy solve your BB? I am really excited to know how you're doing now.

Thank you guys for sharing your thoughts here. I suffer from that too. I didnt really pay attention to it until i moved here in the US and it became worse. When I found out about the medical causes of bad breath, I knew from then on that I have to find a solution for this.

I hate coming off as rude or arrogant because when people talk to me, im so scared to even say the words "yes" and "no" because of my BB. I just make a sound like uh-huh or mmm with my mouth closed. huhuhu

Im sooo down. :C I just really want to be able to do things i want. this is so depressing.

I know this is not a dental issue, because I have a really good dental hygiene. I have class A teeth. I have no cavities. I brush, scape, floss twice a day. for 30 minutes i have fresh breath but then after that, i can then again smell my bb. Im sure its coming from the back of my nose and my throat. I always hack the mucus out and im so tired of it. It just doesn't go away.
huhuhu

Old 11-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #58
(female)

isabellamadelyn HB User

removing your tonsils may not cure bad breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwanttolivelife View Post
Hi DiamondEyes2230!!! How are you? I've read that you actually had your tonsils removed last year. I hope this thread is still alive. How's everything? Did the tonsillectomy solve your BB? I am really excited to know how you're doing now.

Thank you guys for sharing your thoughts here. I suffer from that too. I didnt really pay attention to it until i moved here in the US and it became worse. When I found out about the medical causes of bad breath, I knew from then on that I have to find a solution for this.

I hate coming off as rude or arrogant because when people talk to me, im so scared to even say the words "yes" and "no" because of my BB. I just make a sound like uh-huh or mmm with my mouth closed. huhuhu

Im sooo down. :C I just really want to be able to do things i want. this is so depressing.

I know this is not a dental issue, because I have a really good dental hygiene. I have class A teeth. I have no cavities. I brush, scape, floss twice a day. for 30 minutes i have fresh breath but then after that, i can then again smell my bb. Im sure its coming from the back of my nose and my throat. I always hack the mucus out and im so tired of it. It just doesn't go away.
huhuhu

Old 11-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #59
(male)

Iwanttolivelife HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabellamadelyn View Post
removing your tonsils may not cure bad breath

do you also have the same issue? what were your remedies?

Thank you for responding

Reply Reply