It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2012, 09:01 AM   #1
(male)

Andrew1986 HB User
Is this all sinus related

Hi guys I've been having hay fever and sinus trouble all year up until now its always come and gone within a day or 2 however over the last month it's got a lot worse

About a month ago I started feeling very hot in the face and going dizzy I went to the doctor who said my nose looked congested but my sinus didn't look inflamed however he said my left ear looked dark and dull compared to the right so I may have an inner ear infection so I was prescribed penicillin vk 250mg 4x daily for 5 days I took those and nothing changed so after waiting a week I went back to see him where he sent me for a blood test everything came back ok (blood count/cholesterol/blood sugar) I told him I was having temple pain and itchy eyes for this he gave me antihistamines (larotidine) after a few days of taking these my anxiety and pannic attack symptoms which are usually totally under control (I don't take any meds for it) became really bad several pannic attacks a day and feeling constantly on edge

I went to the er the doctor there said I was having bad anxiety attacks and to stop taking the antihistamine as it was quite common to make anxiety problems worse

Anyway another week went by with no improvement so I again went back to the doctor who said my ear looked fine (even though it hurt when he inserted the torch) and that he thought most of what was causing the problem was anxiety

The next day I become extremely dizzy and ended up back at the er on examination the doctor said my left ear drum was inflamed and give me an ear spray and she thought my other symptoms were a bad case of sinusitis so prescribed me amoxicillin 500mg 3x daily for 7 days

That finished on Thursday night (its now Sunday evening here in the uk)

Anyway there's been little in the way of improvement I have bad temple pain (not constant) my cheekbone is very tender and my neck is very stiff my left mistral feels completely blocked with no drip and I have little sense of smell

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2012, 05:11 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

jerry486 HB User
Re: Is this all sinus related

The symptoms of a sinus problem are as follow:

Nasal congestion leading to difficulty in breathing
Reduced sense of smell and taste
Pain and tenderness in regions around the eyes and forehead
Thick greenish/yellowish discharge from the nose
Tightness or a mild discomforting ache in the teeth and upper jaw

Other less common symptoms may include:

Pain in the ear
Sore throat and bad breath
General fatigue and irritability
Nauseous feeling
Sadly sinus symptoms can be shared with other conditions so it is important to just visit you physician about a proper diagnosis.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
(male)

Liquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB User

Did you ever find out what was wrong with you?

Old 10-07-2012, 11:41 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

jerry486 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidplasma View Post
Did you ever find out what was wrong with you?
Yeah Andrew1986, what did the doctors say it was and did you get your ultimate solution?

Old 10-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #5
(male)

Andrew1986 HB User

Hi guys I havn't really had any solution other tgan coming to the conclusion my gp is useless I still have the same symptoms

I went to the walk in centre who described my inner ear as red and inflamed and that I should go to my gp and get an ENT referral so I went back to the gp who told me to stop worrying so much about the dizziness and he said he couldn't see anything wring with my ear so refused to give me the referral

I feel totally lost on what to do now I've never felt so frustrated and helpless

Reply Reply