It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2012, 08:37 AM   #1
(female)

zip452 HB Userzip452 HB Userzip452 HB Userzip452 HB Userzip452 HB User
Baby shampoo rinsing

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if anyone has tried the technique where you add a few drops of johnsons baby shampoo to a nasal/sinus rinse bottle. It is supposed to act as a surfactant, prevent biofilm and kill plankotonic (free) bacteria. I have tried it a couple times and I find that it helps, but it almost causes a herxheimer reaction? Maybe it is the toxins the bacteria give off when they die but I get really flushed and a sore throat about 3 hours after I do the rinsing. Every day I progressively have less and less green/yellow discharge and less post nasal drip and I can smell so much better - so I do feel like it must be helping, its just I feel so sick for about 8 hours after doing it.

How long did you continue with the baby shampoo? and did you have any sort of similar reaction?

I have tried hydrogen peroxide a few months ago but I did not find it as helpful even though I was doing it in combination with antibiotics and I found that it made me have a white coating on my tongue and it made me feel even more congested and my nose bled. The baby shampoo seems much gentler, I am not as worried that I may be doing permanent damage as with the H2O2.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #2
(female)

Unhappy0ne HB User
Re: Baby shampoo rinsing

really, so im very curious now about that baby shampoo. Is it ok any Johnson's baby shampoo? i have it already the calming lavender cuz it smells so good. I will try that too. I am planning for tonsillectome but i have to try this first maybe this will works good. thank you Carzy!
Keep us updated ok.

-Unhappy0ne

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #3
(female)

zip452 HB Userzip452 HB Userzip452 HB Userzip452 HB Userzip452 HB User

I am not sure about the lavender one - I just use the original formula as that what was in the scientific journal I read studying it.

I stopped for the weekend and feel quite sick now, so I am hoping that I can start back up again. I find that it makes me have better breath! Hopefully it helps for your tonsils. I am sick systemically so I was planning on sinus surgery but I have had to put it on hold.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:57 AM   #4
(male)

harry2k HB User

Is anyone going to try this or has anyone ever tried and found it successful?

Old 12-01-2012, 07:44 AM   #5
(male)

pc97210 HB User

I tried the 1% Johnsons baby shampoo mixed with the usual 240 ml sinus rinse on the advice of my ENT. I used it for almost a month. I didn't get sick the way you describe, but ever since using it, and even after having stopped for several weeks now, I get periods of "swelling" and/or extreme dryness (I think that's what I'm feeling) deep in my sinsuses on both sides that I can't do anything to correct and that seem to come and go for no reason. Before using the baby shampoo, I was only having problems on the left side of a completely different nature. I don't know if/how the baby shampoo plays any role in this, but things actually have been much WORSE since using it. It's now a different kind of problem (the swelling/allergy like feeling deep in my sinuses) and it's now on BOTH sides.

Personally, I wouldn't touch it again because it's too much of a coincidence that this happened after using the baby shampoo. I didn't like the feeling it gave me in the first place, and it now seems to come on whenever it wants to, even weeks after having discontinued it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzy View Post
Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if anyone has tried the technique where you add a few drops of johnsons baby shampoo to a nasal/sinus rinse bottle. It is supposed to act as a surfactant, prevent biofilm and kill plankotonic (free) bacteria. I have tried it a couple times and I find that it helps, but it almost causes a herxheimer reaction? Maybe it is the toxins the bacteria give off when they die but I get really flushed and a sore throat about 3 hours after I do the rinsing. Every day I progressively have less and less green/yellow discharge and less post nasal drip and I can smell so much better - so I do feel like it must be helping, its just I feel so sick for about 8 hours after doing it.

How long did you continue with the baby shampoo? and did you have any sort of similar reaction?

Reply Reply