It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 02:04 AM   #1
(female)

Nightwarrior HB User
New here! doing the peroxide flooding

Hi.
First of all a bit of history

I had my first bout of sinusitis in 2011 which responded to antibiotics (but can't remember which one). This year I had sinusitis around March/April which needed two rounds of antibiotics. However by June I had sinusitis again, and maybe three lots of antibiotics, but the pain never went away. I used saline/bicarbonate flooding 3 times a day which helped a little. The pain was un-responsive to most "over the counter" painkillers such as paracetamol, ibuprofen and codein.

I had a CT scan in August which showed deviated septum and concha bullosa, but no inflammation or infection of sinus. ENT consultant gave me Flixonase (steroid nose drops). However the pain between my eyes, along my eyebrows and cheekbones continued daily, so I started taking Amitriptyline (25 mg daily) which was taking the edge off the pain.

Another CT scan about 2 weeks ago showed sinus infection, however I didn't think to ask the doctor which part of the sinus was infected.

My GP has said to wait to see ENT consultant at beginning if January, and I really didn't want to try another round of antibiotics, so I was back on the sinus flooding once daily. I have tried adding colloidal silver, but that didn't seem to make much difference, so now trying the peroxide....but it stings like mad and makes my eyes water! I only use 2ml of 6% solution in 100ml saline solution...so a very weak concentration.

Last edited by Administrator; 11-26-2012 at 09:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2012, 03:53 AM   #2
(female)

Nightwarrior HB User
re: New here! doing the peroxide flooding

Just an update.....

I've now been on antibiotics for one week now, and I think the infection is just starting to ease up a little. I have been doing the peroxide flooding once a day (building up from 1ml of 6% peroxide in 100ml saline/bicarbonate solution to 2ml of 6% peroxide in 100ml saline/bicarbonate solution) usually in the morning. Also a saline/bicarbonate (no peroxide) flooding 1-2 times later in day.

My doctor believes the infection is in my frontal/ethmoid sinuses (that is where the pain is, in between eyes and eyebrows) so I don't know if the flooding is actually reaching them. I'm doing the method where I lay on my back on bed, head hanging down for 3 minutes, then roll on to front and hang head down for another 3 minutes, tilting to the sides as well. Also using Flixonase steroid drops in between flushing using same method.

Still feel exhausted, and been signed off work for another week...so will update if I have any significant improvement...I'm really hoping the peroxide works for me and stops the infection coming back.

Closed Thread