It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2012, 04:05 AM   #1
(female)

Trex22 HB User
Sinusitis or... ?

Greetings all,
I wonder if someone can help throw light on a problem I seem to be having with intermittent ear pressure for some months now. My ENT suggested that it sounded like eustachian tube dysfunction but it occurred out of the blue, not after a cold, and would come on for a day or two, disappear and then recur. My left ear would feel blocked and I would get pressure pain in my ear.

Last week, I visited the dentist and he told me my mouth was a mess. One of my left premolars was so badly infected for many months that it needed root therapy. He showed me the X rays and I could see a patch quite high above the infected tooth where he said the bone was infected.

I am halfway through root therapy at the moment. He has also given me 5 days of antibiotics for an unrelated tooth problem. Now I am wondering whether this is connected to my left ear issues, I read that dental infections in that region can infect the maxillary sinuses and cause sinusitis.

I don't often have nasal discharge but my nose has always been a little stuffy. A couple of weeks back I also had dry cough for quite a while as well as a slightly sore throat but thought nothing of it. Both have resolved now but the intermittent ear pressure remains.

Is it feasible that my sinuses are still infected and I will need a longer course of antibiotics to resolve it? I am on day 2 of erythromycin- I am allergic to amoxicillin.

Can sinusitis manifest primarily as ear pressure and little else???

Would appreciate it if someone could give their 2 cents...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply