It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2012, 09:24 AM   #1
(male)

tabula123456 HB User
sinus flooding and cold symptoms

Hi...My name is Alan and I just want to say hello to everyone...

I have a question concerning sinus flooding...

I started Sinus flooding about a week ago..with a dilution of about 30-1...I upped it recently to 10-1 and now have quite bad cold symptoms.

I started getting the symptoms on Fri 21st Dec 2012...and they are still here today Sun 23rd Dec 2012...

I was just wondering should I continue to flood my sinuses with a very weak solution..say 50-1 until I start to feel better....or just rest it for a few days?

The real reason I am asking is I am trying to clear this up, for at least some relief, for Christmas day...and I don't want to aggravate my sinuses more than necessary.

Would a very weak solution prolong the cold symptoms...therefore resting for a few days would help...or would a weak solution help with the cold symptoms?

Thank you

Alan

Old 12-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #2
(female)

comerford HB User
Re: sinus flooding and cold symptoms

Hi! I have had 6 sinus surgeries so have experienced quite a lot in this department. It might be that the liquid is just sitting in your sinus cavities and not clearing.. I would discontinue the flooding for sure! Take a warm compress and lie down on your side putting the compress over your ear and forehead for about an hour....this should help the fluid drain out. It might take a while...twice a day or more until you get relief. Also, sudafed is very helpful to decrease the swollen membranes. Steam inhalation can also assist with drainage even though it is moisture, it thins mucous. Take a hot shower and have the water beat on your sinuses to loosen them too. If you have a fungal infection you are making it worse with flooding! I have to do all these things everyday.

There are new studies out that say flooding can cause infection as it washes away the protective lining of the sinus...you might want to google it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #3
(male)

tabula123456 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by comerford View Post

There are new studies out that say flooding can cause infection as it washes away the protective lining of the sinus...you might want to google it.

Hi...thanks for your reply.

I have looked quite extensively on Google concerning sinus flooding using h202 and can't find any of the studies you have mentioned. Would you be so kind as to direct me to the studies?

I would be very interested in reading them.

Thank you.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabula123456 View Post
I started Sinus flooding about a week ago..with a dilution of about 30-1...I upped it recently to 10-1 and now have quite bad cold symptoms.

I started getting the symptoms on Fri 21st Dec 2012...and they are still here today Sun 23rd Dec 2012...
Are the floodings causing you to feel worse than you did before you started the floodings? Are the sinus floodings with peroxide doing you any good? Do you have a sinus infection? Could you have a cold? Are you having sinus problems due to an allergic reaction? Are you currently taking antibiotics?

What are your reasons for doing sinus floodings with peroxide? Have you had sinus surgery? Have you sought medical help with your sinus problems?

In my case, when I first experimented with flooding my sinuses with peroxide, I did not dilute it enough, and it completely and painfully closed my sinuses for about three days. During that time I felt like I had a cold, and felt lousy, similar to how one feels when one has a sinus infection, or a sinus allergy attack.

Quote:
I was just wondering should I continue to flood my sinuses with a very weak solution..say 50-1 until I start to feel better....or just rest it for a few days?
There are no medical professional on HealthBoards, only fellow patients, like me.

After I was able to cure my long-time, chronic sinus infection misery, I documented my experience and started a thread, which is at the top of this Sinus Problems topic, named:
Infrequent Sinus Flooding with Peroxide & Baking Soda halted my infection nightmare
at the link:
http://www.healthboards.com/boards/sinus-problems/139765-infrequent-sinus-flooding-peroxide-baking-soda-halted-my-infection-nightmare.html
The thread and documentation, of my personal experience of sinus flooding with peroxide, contains a lot of information about the experiences and problems of myself and others, who have tried sinus flooding with peroxide. Some who tried it, like myself, have gotten better, but others have not.

Quote:
The real reason I am asking is I am trying to clear this up, for at least some relief, for Christmas day...and I don't want to aggravate my sinuses more than necessary.

Would a very weak solution prolong the cold symptoms...therefore resting for a few days would help...or would a weak solution help with the cold symptoms?
Peroxide can be very irritating to the sinus membranes. In my case, once my chronic sinus infection problem was cured thru sinus flooding, I did not have to do another sinus flooding with peroxide, or any other sinus irrigation, again.

I am so sorry that you are having sinus problems and hope that you can find some relief.

Best of luck and health for your future, and I hope you can have enjoyable Christmas and New Year holidays!

⇒ I avoid common ordinary but unhealthy household items
⇒ Balanced, healthy diet
⇒ Exercise
⇒ I alter my Circadian Rhythm
⇒ I LOVE COREG!

Last edited by Machaon; 12-24-2012 at 02:12 AM.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:08 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabula123456 View Post
... I started Sinus flooding about a week ago..with a dilution of about 30-1...I upped it recently to 10-1 and now have quite bad cold symptoms.
The same thing happened to me when I first started experimenting with flooding my sinuses with peroxide to treat my chronic, miserable, annual, multiple sinus infection problems.

Quote:
Back when I was trying to use peroxide to treat a sinus infection, I did not dilute the peroxide enough and it took me about three days before I started feeling better.

Quote:
I don't know if 50-1 would be strong enough to kill harmful bacteria within the sinus/nasal areas.

The sinus flooding with peroxide should be done under the supervision of a medical professional. When I used to flood my sinuses with diluted peroxide, it was totally an act of frustration because I was so tired of the misery of getting repeated sinus infections. I had no idea that it would lead to curing my chronic sinus infection problems.

The 187th post from the thread: Infrequent Sinus Flooding with Peroxide & Baking Soda halted my infection nightmare is an extract/summary of a log that I kept during my experiments.

The link to the 187th post is:
http://www.healthboards.com/boards/1461584-post187.html
Quote:
I don't blame you for not wanting to aggravate your sinuses, especially if you are not feeling well. Are the floodings causing you to feel worse than you did before you started the floodings? What do you think about stopping the sinus floodings until after the holidays? Do you feel that you are going to continue doing the sinus floodings? Do you feel that they are doing you any good? Do you have a sinus infection? Do you have allergies that cause you sinus problems?

Quote:
There are absolutely no medical articles, or clinical trials, or medical testimonies, on flooding the sinuses with peroxide. HealthBoards is a community of fellow patients and care-givers. It is a forum where patients share their experiences.

What made you decide to do peroxide sinus floodings? Did you have a cold or flu? Did you have a sinus infection? Did you have sinus misery because of your allergies?

When I discovered a technique that solved and cured my nasty sinus infection problems, I posted about my experiences, hoping that it could be of help to others. But... not being a medical professional, or having any medical training, education or experience, I can only offer documentation and discussion of what I did to cure my sinus misery. The sinus flooding with peroxide should be done under the supervision of a medical professional, so that one can get proper medical advice.

I hope that your sinuses recover enough so that you can enjoy your Christmas holiday.

Take care...

⇒ I avoid common ordinary but unhealthy household items
⇒ Balanced, healthy diet
⇒ Exercise
⇒ I alter my Circadian Rhythm
⇒ I LOVE COREG!

Last edited by Machaon; 12-24-2012 at 02:13 AM.

Reply Reply

Tags
cold symptoms, sinus remedy