It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 11:14 AM   #1
(male)

sico HB User
Sinus polyps sorted.

I had 95% blockage in both nostrils for 2 years. Try pinching both nostrils closed and breath. This I endured for 2 years until I got a chest infection. My Doc prescribed an antibiotic that not only cleared my chest but cleared my sinus passages as well.
The polyps shrank and dried up. I blew them out into a tissue.
I have been polyp free and have 100% free flow since. No probs at all with congestion.
I have been told before that this is impossible, but it worked for me. Both nostrils are dry and 100% open for 2 years now.

Old 12-31-2012, 01:19 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
Re: Sinus polyps sorted.

That's wonderful that you are feeling so comfortable now. As a polyp sufferer my opinion is that you cannot blow out polyps, but if you are feeling healthy, that's all that matters!
Happy New Year.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2013, 03:47 AM   #3
(female)

Nightwarrior HB User

I'm glad you are better, regardless of how you got there! I just wish my problems would sort themselves out!

Happy New Year, and hope you remain symptom free!

Old 01-03-2013, 10:09 AM   #4
(male)

sico HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpotato13 View Post
That's wonderful that you are feeling so comfortable now. As a polyp sufferer my opinion is that you cannot blow out polyps, but if you are feeling healthy, that's all that matters!
Happy New Year.
One did regrow but I had sneezing spell and had to blow my nose. When I blew into the tissue, I felt this "bump" in it and found an opaque round jelly thing in it the size of a marble.
That was 8 months ago and no more polyps since. Touch wood.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

gcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB User

Sico - I'm not sure what you experienced but Sweetpotato13 is correct that you cannot blow out polyps. Polyps are fluid-filled sacs of mucus membrane tissue that are attached to the lining of your sinus and would cause a significant amount of bleeding and pain if you were to blow one out without cauterizing the wound. Even then, you would simply rupture the polyp and the liquid and blood would drain out.

It sounds like you had mucus trapped in your sinuses that you were able to remove by blowing your nose but I'd hate for people to get the impression that they can forcibly remove polyps if they blow their nose hard enough - it's just not possible (and would be unsafe and very painful to try).

The Following User Says Thank You to gcsjr For This Useful Post:
sweetpotato13 (01-06-2013)
Old 01-04-2013, 07:10 AM   #6
(male)

sico HB User

If it was not a polyp then what was it?

As I said, it was the size of a marble. Round and opaque. Imagine a jellyfish and you cut a round piece off it. This is what it looked like and felt like. Not a membrane with liquid inside. Solid but very soft.

I described it to my Doc and he said. "Oh yeah, that's a polyp"
It did bleed for a few minutes.

Reply Reply