I'm hoping to get some feedback on how to deal with an issue I've had the past 5 years or so - but can't seem to overcome. The pain/anxiety is really taking a toll on how I live my life and fuction normally, I even obstain from doing certain things in fear of these "attacks." 3 days ago I was prescribed to take Gabaneutrin in low dosage for a few days to start. It's helping VERY MINIMALLY, if not not at all, so looking for suggestions. Sorry if this is long, but I'm desperate for help.
- CONSTANT pressure in my sinus walls and upper septum between my eyes. Its like a "fizzing" feeling almost like the bone/cartlidge my sinuses are connected to, are pulling them (if that makes sense)
- this causes lightheadededness and severe panic attacks. I've been diagnosed with panic attacks in the past, but these are a constant 4-5 hour episodes of panic caused my the sinus pressure/pain
- every so often, i get these "shocks" that start from my sinus and lead up into my forehead. pretty scary.
- constant feeling like i need to blow by nose, but no mucus or liquid.
- allergic to grasses/molds, but no symptoms of sneezing or itching
- for some reason it's really bad when I'm driving
- I'm in my early 30's so I still like to go out and drink socially. If I drink over 3-4 drinks, all of these symptoms come on terribly the next day, but not until nighttime and into the next morning. (theres been times where I've almost went to the ER) Alcohol obviously makes everything worse, but they are not symptoms of a hangover, which makes me believe it is a brain/nerve issue, not sinus. I no longer go out/drink anymore in fear of these attacks.
- I've been back and forth between the ENT, the Neurologist and Cardiologist the past 3 years. CT Scan nothing abnormal, at least nothing that required immediate surgery. EKG and MRI of brain were perfectly fine.
- I've tried all prescribed and OTC nose sprays but didn't work. Saline solution helps for about a minute after use then goes back to normal.
- Neurologist diagnosed by with "Dysautonomia" and tried the various exercises and eating habits to help. Didn't work.
- all allergy-D meds do not help.
About me: 31 Male, non-smoker, excerecise daily, (also run marathons) eat healthy to extent.
Please help if you can. The symptoms have gotten so bad that it's almost life-altering. Thanks in advance!
Have you tried SUDAFED.
It was recommended to me by an ENT Specialist when I had a severe bout of Sinus.
It lasted for around three months and I like you tried many things OTC.
My Sinus was so bad that parts of my face became Numb (no feelings), I was also losing my balance constantly. I had no infection but could not breathe in or out of my nose.
Another thing I found most helpful was ACCUPUNTURE, just two treatments and I could breathe much better. Unfortunately I could not afford to keep up the treatment but the problem eventually righted itself and has never returned.
I wish you well and hope you find something that helps you,
Thanks solofelix. Yes, And unfortunatley no relief. I can breathe pretty good out of my nose, but the pain/discomfort/tingling is in the "walls" of my sinuses. I read somewhere where someone else described it as, "it feels like the upper part of your nose is trying to grow." That's a weird description, but kind of true.