It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #1
(female)

JenPlus2 HB UserJenPlus2 HB User
Need advice from fellow sinus sufferers!

Hi guys, I hope I'm posting in the right place, I've never noticed the sinus board on here though I was a previous member and on here a lot. My situation is complicated, though what sinus problems aren't? The nightmare began last year with a cold that turned sinusitis that led to Eustachian tube dysfunction that sidetracked me for months. I went from ent to ent and everyone had an opinion, all different of course. I started trying aggressive allergy control after an intradermal test revealed many environmental allergies. I currently take Zyrtec, Flonase, and singulair daily in addition to allergy shots weekly. I seemed to improve on this regimen, then got sick in December with some throat virus, sinuses unaffected. I was unable to receive allergy shots due to being sick and the holidays. I went for my shots last Monday and was feeling fine, but woke up Tuesday to the horrible feeling like my head was going to explode. I thought it was the allergy shots causing a resurgence of my symptoms and called my allergist who thought I was nuts and told me it was probably a virus. I got in to see my family dr today and was told no virus, but my sinuses and nasal passages were very swollen. I'm going back for allergy shots today but feel disheartened. Why does this inflammation keep returning after lying dormant? My dr wants to give me a steroid pack to bring the inflammation down which I've done previously with no success. I've already posted in the allergy board, no one seems to think my allergy shots could have triggered this. I'm wondering where to go from here. I'm seeing the ent again Monday but I'm tired of the same old story about treating my allergies. I'm starting to think I may need surgery. Meanwhile my head and ears are all pressurized and popping my ears repeatedly doesn't change a thing, they pop but the pressure is still the same. I guess I'm just popping them to make sure they aren't clogged. Obviously they aren't. The head pressure causes parts of my face to go tingly and numb. Is surgery really the only other option I have? This is really yucky.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2013, 09:12 AM   #2
(male)

rsierra1025 HB User
Re: Need advice from fellow sinus sufferers!

Have you tried a different allergy medicine? May help. Zirtec/Clariton didn't help me at all. Zirtec made it feel like the goop all stuck to the lining of my sinuses. Mine is a prescription one but can't remember the name of it. Also, make sure you are washing your bedding and in all honesty you may want to look at cleaning your drapes, at least in the bedroom. After I did a deep clean in my bedroom I started to sleep better and it helped with my stuffy feelings. Maybe not the solution but may give you some relief. Good luck.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:34 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User
I has sinus issues for years. A really bright ent told me a lot d times its yeast. Ask your doctor for diflucan and explain its for chronic sinus infections.unbelievable outcome.

Reply Reply