It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 07:28 AM   #1
(male)

Liquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB User
Sinus problem and tense neck/shoulders

Does anyone on this board with chronic sinus problems (like a dustmite allergy) also get tight neck and shoulders?? Seems when one flares so does the other for me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2013, 03:49 AM   #2
(female)

Serenity0202 HB User
Re: Sinus problem and tense neck/shoulders

I do...as far as I've been told, neck and shoulder pain is quite common with sinusitis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #3
(female)

Nightwarrior HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity0202 View Post
I do...as far as I've been told, neck and shoulder pain is quite common with sinusitis.
It is also quite common with TMJ...and TMJ symptoms are so similar to sinus infection.. I'm now treating my sinus "infection" as TMJ to see if the facial massaging, jaw strengthening and splint to prevent jaw clenching eases my sinus "symptoms"

TMJ also causes the extreme fatigue that I have been having, and the swollen gland/sore throat I have had every few days.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #4
(male)

Liquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB User

I to thought about tmj it's just I don't have jaw pain? No noises or bad bite? Nor do I clench at night? Also all my ear problems came during allergy season snd left with it.So I'm not sure, I do have horrible posture and a bad dust mite allergy so I'm not sure anymore .Also no headaches, and my ENT said my nasal passages were super dry and swollen ,tmj doesn't do that. ? At times I have major post nasal drip and bad sinus pain but when I go into a shower the steam causes a runny nose also not a tmj symptom.Lastly when I'm feeling like real crap I have major shortness of breath, not a tmj symptom at all .I do agree my neck and shoulders get tight and that's a tmj symptom but why the rest ?

Old 01-18-2013, 02:06 AM   #5
(female)

Nightwarrior HB User

I don't have jaw pain either....until the doctor pressed on the trigger point! The nerves around the jaw are connected to other nerves in the face. I didn't realise my jaw made any noise till I actually stopped and listened and my right side does make a slight rubbing/grinding noise (completely different to the clicking noise it made when I was a teenager). I didn't even realise I was clenching my jaw during the daytime till I actually thought about it!

I also can't explain the shortness of breath which I also have (which the doctors all seem to think is unrelated ???) I struggle to make the beds, or do a little shopping without getting out of breath & exhausted.

It is so confusing, and is quiet possible that we don't just have one thing wrong with us, but multiple issues at the same time, which make diagnosis more difficult.

The way I see it, if TMJ is causing my face pain and increased mucus etc. then relieving the TMJ symptoms may leave other symptoms remaining which can then be looked at again. It seems very complicated...but then our bodies are complicated!

Reply Reply