It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
(female)

kayfromla HB User
Chronic sinus infection's for years

This is my first attempt to join a message board so be patient.
I have had chronic sinus infections for many years, had my second sinus surgery at UCLA, two years ago.
I have read many of the posts and I wonder if anyone has tried localized antibiotics that require a nebulizer? My doctors have not been very enthusiastic about this method.
I am on antibiotics almost constantly and scared about the consequences.
Any feedback would be helpful.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #2
(female)

sillysoup HB User
Re: Chronic sinus infection's for years

Hello,
I was hoping to get advice here for my son but i stumbled upon your posting. My 17yr old son has had chronic sinusitis his whole life. Our newer ENT is concerned about the constant oral antibiotics. He mentioned a while back that he had a brochure on his desk about a nasal nebulizer by sinus dynamics and said he thought it would be worth the try. THe medication that my osn takes is in a liquid generic form of levaquin. The ENT said that rather than the drugs going into your bloodstream this goes right to the sinuses.

It has helped him but not cured him. it may not work for you if you are real sick. If you have had it with oral drugs give it a shot.

good luck

Last edited by Administrator; 02-03-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #3
(female)

kayfromla HB User

Thanks for your reply. I am going to call the company tomorrow to get more information. I'm glad to hear that the device has helped your son and I hope your ENT is a good one. I have found the teaching hospitals have the most up to date doctors, especially when it comes to surgery.

Unfortunately, I have an immune deficiency called IGA deficiency which contributes to the problem. Has your son been tested for immune function?
It's an easy blood test but not every doctor suggests it.
Good luck to you.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:37 AM   #4
(female)

sillysoup HB User

I see that you live in California. How lucky for you. I have to wait a few days to receive the drugs. You can get them right away. Yes, many years ago i had my sons immunities tested. We have been to every Doctor. He is on the sinus nebulizer this week and we will be getting him a cat scan. The ENT was hoping he could go a month healthy and then have the cat scan but that isn't happening now. Good luck and i hope you found the golden ticket.

Last edited by sillysoup; 02-05-2013 at 06:38 AM.

Reply Reply