It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2013, 04:42 AM   #1
(male)

greenroomhoo HB User
Can Sinus Pressure Do this?

Definitely have something going on in my sinuses. post-nasal drip for a couple of months, cough, blowing nose all the time, etc. On my second round of antibiotics from my dr. to no real benefit.

Anyhow this morning I woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed two lumps on both sides of my face on near the top of my nose, under my eyes. It definitely feels like the bones of my face are getting pushed out by sinus pressure?

Needless to say i just about had kittens when i saw it.....Can sinus issues and pressure cause this type of swelling?

I am already scheduling an ENT visit, etc. but it probably will take a week to get seen.

thanks

Old 02-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Can Sinus Pressure Do this?

Hi...sorry for a late reply....Yes, I think sinusitis, infection or allergies can cause fluid retention in those areas if they're chronic.

have you tried holding a cold cloth on that area to see if it goes down?

The other thing that could cause that is fluid retention from high sodium, medications, etc.

Do you take any meds?

Are you doing any sinus lavage? I use the NeliMed mix in the bottle sqirt thingie..lol.

Please give an update on if you went to an ENT.

q

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply