It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2005, 04:01 PM   #1
(female)

va_girl64 HB User
Ige and Eosinophils

Hi.. I have been having some strange symptoms recently, shortness of breath, dry mouth and eyes, high eosinophil (white blood count), and also a very high Ige. I don't know what's going on but know something is. I think my allergist believes that I have hypereosinophilic syndrome but I have no organs involved (or so they say). Anyway, was just wondering if anyone here has had the high Ige or eosinophil count due to sjogrens? The symptoms I have read on this sounds very much like me.

Thanks for any advice/responses. va_girl

Last edited by va_girl64; 09-15-2005 at 04:02 PM.

Old 09-15-2005, 06:56 PM   #2
(female)

browneyegurl HB User
Re: Ige and Eosinophils

I have had very high eosinophils for several years. Sort of concerned me, but the doctors I've seen never seem to be too interested in it and just tell me it's because I have allergies. I have done a lot of reading, but have come up with very little information about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2005, 12:13 AM   #3
(female)

va_girl64 HB User

Hi.. thanks for your response. Browneyegurl, do you have any symptoms of neuropothy? From my understanding.. it's when the eosinophils get into your tissues that you have a problem. Mine seems to be steadily rising.. for over a yr. now it has been gradually increasing, and is now 1400. I do have allergies but don't think even with that that it should be this high.
va_girl

Old 09-16-2005, 06:42 AM   #4
(female)

browneyegurl HB User

I have the same symptoms that you listed. Also, have allergies that have gotten progressively worse in the last 2 years. Some of the things that have been thrown at me are thyroiditis, fibromyalgia, lupus and Sjogren's. I do have a rheumatoloty appointment on Monday with a new doctor and am going to ask about high EOS. I'll report back with my findings.

Old 09-16-2005, 08:27 AM   #5
(female)

va_girl64 HB User

Oh yes, please do keep me posted.. I will do the same. I don't have to get mine cked. again until oct. or nov.

I have recently started getting 3 allergy shots a wk. and have alot of sinus trouble.. hope the shots will help all of this. Do you also have the shortness of breath like me? That is what concerns me most. Take Care.

Old 09-16-2005, 08:46 PM   #6
(female)

browneyegurl HB User

Hi va girl. I don't seem to have shortness of breath as much as I just feel like I can't get a complete breathe of air. Scary feeling, but I've been told that I have costochondritis which might be the explanation for that. I have had some wheezing lately though, which I've never had before in my life. I really believe that allergies are big part of my problems and will not be opposed to visiting and allergy clinic if that is recommended by my rheumatologist.

I hope you are getting some relief with your breathing. It's just plain miserable and exhausting when you have to fight for a breath.

I'll report back in with my findings next week. Maybe I'll have something to offer that will be of help of interest to you.

Old 10-21-2005, 04:22 PM   #7
(male)

The Spike HB User

As I understand it, an increase in IgE and Eosinophils indicates an active allergical process. Your shortness of breath could indicate an allergical reaction to an inhaled allergen. Nevertheless, always check with your MD to exclude other possibilities...

Old 10-25-2005, 06:24 PM   #8

MilkNWheat HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by va_girl64
Hi.. I have been having some strange symptoms recently, shortness of breath, dry mouth and eyes, high eosinophil (white blood count), and also a very high Ige. I don't know what's going on but know something is. I think my allergist believes that I have hypereosinophilic syndrome but I have no organs involved (or so they say). Anyway, was just wondering if anyone here has had the high Ige or eosinophil count due to sjogrens? The symptoms I have read on this sounds very much like me.

Thanks for any advice/responses. va_girl
Hi va Girl64 -

have you spoken to a Rhumatologist? You do have some of the symptoms but those are also comon with other things like thyroid problems etc. My WBC (white blood count) was always low not high and myy ESR was always high that's a sign there is a problem. Yours seem to be oppisite of mine... My advice is to go see a Rhumatologist.

Good Luck to you.
Milk N Wheat

Closed Thread