It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2005, 09:14 PM   #1

Sae HB User
Sjogren's and dentures

I would be interested in knowing if there are any Sjogren's patients who are currently full denture wearers and if so, is it difficult for you? I tried some time back on the dental site but did not get much response. Are you able to tolerate them and do you have any tips to help your comfort level?

The following user gives a hug of support to Sae:
cbg10 (07-08-2011)
Old 07-15-2006, 12:22 PM   #2
(female)

Alice Mitch HB User
Smile Re: Sjogren's and dentures

SAE, I see that you asked about sjogren's & dentures months ago, so I hope that you check back here again. My dad had dealth with this disease for years and also has gone through several sets of dentures. About 4 years ago he had the really neat and very expensive implants done and has been very pleased with the results.
He still pops his top tray in and out when he's not eating (we joke about finding them in the console of the car or on the recliner side table---yuck yuck !!!), but he says with his mouth staying so dry that "it just feels better" to take them out most of the time. He always has a bottle of water on hand along with that Biotene mouthwash and a tube of the Biotene mouth gel moisturizer, and I think that helps alot. One thing for sure...he won't ever be dehydrated !
But as for the implants....he says it has made the denture wearing much easier having to deal with the Sjogren's Disease.

Hope this helps. Oh...just make sure you have an excellent oral surgeon who is familiar with the disease.

Alice

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2006, 09:08 PM   #3

Sae HB User
Re: Sjogren's and dentures

Alice, thank you for replying. I am happy your Dad is pleased with implants. Unfortunately, I am not a candidate for this. I am getting the customized dentures in hopes that they will fit better. Will also use the Biotene products and Oral Balance and Biotene denture adhesive. There is a new prescription product called Numoysn (not sure of spelling). It comes in liquid and wafer and produces more saliva without side effects. I also use water and saliva substitutes. I am a bit scared but will need to make it work. Best wishes to you and I was delighted to get an answer.

Closed Thread