It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2007, 10:49 AM   #1
(female)

kimbones81 HB User
White coated tongue

Hello All:

I have most likely Sjogrens with a constant white coated tongue. I have tried scraping it and using Therabreath cleaner to no avail. I don't think it is candida or thrush because it is solid white, not patchy, and doesn't hurt. Is there anything out there someone could recommend to get it looking a little more natural?

Thanks greatly

Old 10-30-2007, 07:58 PM   #2
(female)

ebon_aurora HB User
Re: White coated tongue

Bumping this. I have the same issue too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2007, 12:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hairier yet.. HB User

Kim I can't say for sure about your case but it sounds like a bad case of what some might call a severely plaque coated tongue. As a child and very young adult I constantly wondered what the white coating on my tongue was. Then sometime in my late twenties I came to the realization. It wasn't some weird condition that I needed take an antibiotic to get rid of, it was years worth of plaque build up on my tongue. Why I did not know this before is beyond me. Unlike you I very successfully scraped and cleaned my tongue. The amount of plaque I removed was unbelievable and breath problems were no more.

Your case could be something else, but I have a strong tendency to believe it is plaque build up, which is very common. What did you use to scrape with? An old spoon with a strong metal handle works fine for me. Tounge scrapers or cleaners are made and sold at some drug stores. Even better for me was an old fashioned sugar spoon, that is a spoon with a dull but effective serated edge. You talk about enhanced plaque removal, the serated edge spoon is something else... Don't be afraid of hurting your tonque when scraping, you won't, I've been doing it agressively for years. By the way, you will have to be agrressive when scraping or you won't remove much of the coating. Don't *****-foot around when cleaning either, go all the way back to the back of your tongue. You will gag at first but keep it up, you will get used to it and will be able to effectively clean your tongue.

It was a miracle cure for bad breath. I was so relieved that there wasn't something wrong with me, like I was destined to have bad breath or something. It was just a filthy, plaque coated tongue. Sounds like you have the same thing. Get to cleaning that tongue Kim! You won't regret it. Hope to hear of any progress.

-h

Old 12-20-2007, 03:11 PM   #4
(female)

Styller117 HB User

Hello e1,

I too have a white tongue that comes and goes. I had two swollen salivary glands and one indentation on the left side. My mouth become so dry at night that I would practically choke. I also had/have a closed ear cannal. I have no ear pain unless i pull on my ear a certain way. The pain shoots up to me head in one certain spot. Weird I know but I am hoping it will go away soon. I did brush my tongue a couple of times it did help with the coating a little.
Styller

Old 01-22-2008, 09:45 AM   #5
(female)

mizabk HB User
Smile Re: White coated tongue

I have been told that Candida, or Thrush, grows quickly in our mouths due to the Sjogren's. I had the white coat for a few years as well; but then went onto the Anit-Candida Diet for 10 months......no more white tongue; but I still take the Yoghurt enhanced capsules and regularly open one and with a sip of water added sort of rinse it around in my mouth to keep the Thrush gone. I hope this helps someone.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:11 PM   #6
(female)

gunay HB User

You must evaluate white tongue coating together with other symptoms. It is usually a sign of extremely high "yang" of the body. If you have high yang, you shall also be constipated, you shall be slightly feverish and especially after 5 pm. You shall feel tired and shall have bad apetite. It is not necessary to have all of these symptoms but this is the general picture.

If this is your condition, then first of all, regulate your diet. Stop taking yang foods, take some yin foods and concentrate on neutral foods. You can find their list in the Internet, but as a rule of thumb, hot, spicy and red colored food is yang, plain and green colored food is yin. Red meat is especially yang.

Additionally, visit an acupuncture expert, (not any acupuncturist but an expert) he can check your pulse and correct most of the problem in a week or two.

Old 04-19-2008, 02:30 PM   #7
(male)

Buce HB User

I feel that I have all the symptoms on sjogren's syndrome too.
With a white tongue. How do you think this developed in you?
I feel that I caught this white tongue from someone.

Closed Thread