It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2008, 09:14 PM   #1
(female)

Sarah112008 HB User
Lump in tongue

Two days ago, I woke up with what I thought was a sore throat and swollen gland on the left side of my mouth and throat. I though it was my throat, because who's ever heard of a sore tongue? I took ibuprofen and the pain went away while I was on it, but it would come back when the medicine wore off. Today I did some examining of my the problem, and there's a LUMP on the left side of my tongue, just off center, about 1 inch from the tip. It's about the size of a small bean, and it HURTS. I am a heavy smoker, and have been for the last 17 years. I'm almost 32 years old, and I'm scared to death that it may be cancer. There's no discoloration or discharge, and the skin over the lump appears to be intact, but it's causing some problems in speech (i.e. slurring) and it's horribly painful to eat. When I stick out my tongue, the left side is visibly swollen, like I've got a bean inside my tongue. Does anyone have any experience with anything like this?

Old 11-20-2008, 10:03 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Lump in tongue

Who knows what it is. I only know, that if I were you, I would want to get it out of my life before it becomes huge or dangerous. Go and see your doctor ASAP. Sera.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread