It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2008, 02:18 AM   #1
(male)

wallyboy HB User
Flying with Sjogrens

First of all thanks to all who have taken the time to reply to my questions regarding weight loss etc. I have now put myself on a gluten free diet , so lets see what happens, will keep you posted. Has anyone had bad experience whilst flying, i heard that air travel becomes unbearable for some reason or other. Also has anyone tried cranial sacral therapy and Ozone therapy.??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2008, 06:08 PM   #2
(female)

patriciaf HB User
Re: Flying with Sjogrens

I am not an expert on any of these, but I do have some challenges flying long distances. The dryness in airplanes wreaks havoc on my system (eyes, nose, ears, skin, mouth, you name it, even my fingernails crack). I try to keep everything as hydrated as possible. I also seem to have more problems with the pressure in my ears. I never used to have to worry about my ears popping, but for whatever reason, they sure get painful now. I wouldn't call any of this 'unbearable' but again, I try not to fly more than a few hours in a leg.

And yes, I have tried cranial sacral and found the increased flow of fluid to be beneficial. Not so much from a dryness perspective per se, but from a revitalization and movement perspective... almost like new cells are being activated if that makes any sense. I have not tried (or heard of actually) ozone therapy. What is that suppose to do and where do you get it? I would be interested in knowing more!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2008, 11:18 PM   #3
(male)

wallyboy HB User

Thanks for your help Patricia, Ozone therapy is the bombarding of pressurised oxygen into your body ( i think so ) , have a friend with lupus and she says it has helped her a great deal. Have a look on the net for a better view.
At the moment am battling with muscle pain in legs and shoulders, it starts the minute i exert myself. Is this normal.? My knee joints are also very noisy. Hope it doesn`t get worse.
Have a nice day.

Old 11-26-2008, 07:42 PM   #4
(female)

patriciaf HB User

Wow, I don't know if I am brave enough to try ozone therapy. It still sounds very risky to me. That being said, I am currently trying Far Infrared Therapy (non-invasive infrared light) and it seems to be helping. I have much more energy and it seems to reduce the inflammation of the muscles and joints. Have you tried this? By the way, are you seeing a good rheumatologist? I find they are the only specialty that doesn't get all crazy wound around their own ignorance when it comes to auto-immune issues. Mine has been a God-send. Best of luck to you!

Closed Thread