It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2009, 07:11 AM   #1
(male)

Debbie Polonoli HB User
Pittsburgh doctors specializing in sjogrens syndrome

Pittsburgh doctors specializing in sjogrens syndrome

Old 02-23-2009, 02:48 PM   #2
(female)

gcbpgh HB User
Re: Pittsburgh doctors specializing in sjogrens syndrome

If you go to the hospital websites you click on "find a doctor" then you go individually through each rheumatologist to review their education, certification and if they have a fellowship. You will find in our area there are only 4 doctors.

Choose wisely. One facility only allows you to see the doctor you see first. So if for some reason you want a second opinion it it not permitted.

You can then go to the Pennsylvania Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs to look up when they got their license and if they have any disciplinary action against them. Its free and this is information you would want today.

Sjogren's is a strange disease that affects patients differently. In my case it has caused a lot of damage so I have looked for a few opinions. I wanted help.

It gave me insight to the basically only hospital system we have here and that is not in a very good light. Board rules do not allow me to detail it but I would recommend that you read all websites carefully, choose wisely and change doctors if you feel they are not treating you. Always be your own advocate. And don't let anyone tell you that you are wrong.

Good luck.

Gcb in pgh

Last edited by gcbpgh; 02-25-2009 at 12:22 PM. Reason: may have broken board rules

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread