It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2009, 04:44 AM   #1
(female)

Iamlooking HB User
I have Sjogren's and am looking for help with vaginal dryness??

I have tried vaginal creams, testosterone creams, been to several gynecologists, astroglide, ky jelly, many other lubricants, was just recommended crisco oil (haven't tried that yet). My rheumatologist just gave me a prescription for something specifically for sjogren's to produce saliva, mucus; however it will cause sweating, so I am not sure I am keen on that. Does anyone have any magic ideas? Thank you, I am new to this sight, so I would appreciate any feedback.

Last edited by Iamlooking; 04-29-2009 at 05:08 AM.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:38 PM   #2
(female)

757 HB User
Re: I have Sjogren's and am looking for help with vaginal dryness??

Hello, what works for me is Vagifem (prescription - I have to use it every other day) plus CVS store brand lubricant. Please don't use cooking oil! Make sure there are no yeast or bacterial infections at the same time, they make the dryness worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2009, 06:25 PM   #3
(female)

Iamlooking HB User

Thank you for your reply. It's not cooking oil, I should have defined it better; it is Crisco shortening. I will try what you recommended and see if I have any luck.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:22 PM   #4
(female)

gcbpgh HB User

I have had terrible problems to the point of bleeding. My gyny said it was as though someone had taken a razor and split my entire vaginal area. So I know exactly what you are feeling.

I have estradiol cream (prescription) but I also have found that drinking wheat grass from any vitamin/health food store somehow helps.

I think its because of the acid/alkaline balance we need but it helps. Lots of water and they have pills in powder form. There is a big difference in all my skin when I skip it. That's what helps me. I have primary sjogrens and it has attacked my liver so I have autoimmune hepatitis from it. It took years for the doctors to figure it out. Its a complicated disease and everyone is different. Good luck.

Gcb

Old 05-01-2009, 09:07 PM   #5
(female)

surreygal HB User

Hi There:
SS unfortunately dries out that part of my body, too. I am an avid cyclist, and have to be careful to avoid developing wearing sores in my "nether" regions. If I do get them (a gel seat only goes so far!), then I use "Bag Balm". You can buy it in gardening shops, of all places! It was originally used to treat mastitis in cows, and it is extremely gentle. It looks and feels like vaseline, so you would want to wear a panty-liner after applying it. It has amazing healing properties and I use it elsewhere, on all cuts, too. There are some good lubricating ointments on the market for "during intimacy" vaginal dryness, too.
This darn disease costs us a fortune in over the counter remedies, doesn't it? Nice to know I'm furthering a weak economy! Take care and best wishes.

Old 05-22-2009, 01:30 PM   #6
(female)

claresparkle HB User

I also have this problem in spades. I have used various over the counter lubricants and also prescription creams but nothing has really helped. I am an older woman not currently in an intimate relationship but it saddens me that I probably couldn't be even if I wanted to. This disease can be a real bummer (is that kind of a pun?). LOL.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:09 AM   #7
(female)

gcbpgh HB User

Once again I have to say that what I think helps me is drinking the wheat grass. Or when I don't feel like drinking it I take it in the powdered pill form.
You can buy it at most major vitamin shops. I first heard about it from someone who was talking about the body being too acidic and we needed to balance it out. It makes sense. I now see such a difference when I don't take it especailly with my skin.

My doctors doesn't know much about it. But this disease is so strange and drying troughout the body its the only thing I can find that we can add moisture from the inside. If you do try it and see a difference in about 2 weeks let us know. It is an awful painful situation for women. good luck
Gcb in pgh

Old 05-30-2009, 08:51 PM   #8
(female)

4boystolove HB User

Astroglide works wonders. We've been using it for years. You can get it at any drug store and also Walmart.
buy it now.you won't regret it.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:24 AM   #9
(female)

5smiles HB User

These symptoms are really annoying! Vaginal lubricants help a lot. I haven't tried the suppositories but it sounds like they may be worth a try. As for the prescription to produce more saliva, I take Evoxac and it works pretty well. It did cause excess sweating at first but once my body got used to it that subsided. I think it's worth taking since lack of saliva is hard on your teeth.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:53 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Madison104 HB UserMadison104 HB UserMadison104 HB User

Coming in on this post late but I am in your group for sure. I am so sick and tired of something always being dry, from my head to my toes, literally. HOW we suffer! I also like the astroglide and vaseline for the outter regions. Honest to God, sometimes I wonder when I will get a break. I try to remain grateful for all that is good in my life, but like everyone else, I get worn down and darn sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I just wanted you all to know that I understand. I am an older woman as well and currently not in a relationship. Maybe that is a good thing

Old 12-08-2009, 09:05 PM   #11
(female)

velvet rose HB User

May seem like a silly question, but how do you know if your vagina is dry? Can maybe a gyno tell? I've just been diagnosed with Sjorgens but don't have any symptoms. But also I'm not currently sexually active, so I don't know how 'moist' I'd be if I got aroused.

Closed Thread