It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2009, 04:44 PM   #1
(female)

MiaP HB User
Unhappy Help

I have just recently been told that my autoimmune panel inidcates I have Sjogrens.....I am having facial pain (all my salivary glands hurt) and have had 2 stones removed from the parotid gland-one on each side. Has anyone else had stones??? I am struggling with this! I work 6 days a week and I just dont have the energy I used to have before this. I am exhausted! I have shoulder pain also along with wierd headaches and my right eye twitches???!!!

Last edited by MiaP; 04-29-2009 at 04:47 PM.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:57 PM   #2
(female)

surreygal HB User
Re: Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaP View Post
I have just recently been told that my autoimmune panel inidcates I have Sjogrens.....I am having facial pain (all my salivary glands hurt) and have had 2 stones removed from the parotid gland-one on each side. Has anyone else had stones??? I am struggling with this! I work 6 days a week and I just dont have the energy I used to have before this. I am exhausted! I have shoulder pain also along with wierd headaches and my right eye twitches???!!!
Hi there:
So far I've avoided salivary gland stones. They should come out if you have more in there. If small enough, they can sometimes be squeezed out gently by an ENT dr. If you get them out, you will feel less pain. Twitchings and headaches are very common. I look "quite the spaz!" regularly. My colleagues love me anyways! The fatigue is definitely the worst symptom to overcome. Believe it or not, exercise seems vital, at least for me. It's the hardest thing to do when I feel like utter filth, but it really does work to re-set the immune system to make it run properly. Once that happens, the fatigue lifts on its own. Excellent diet, (low fat--fat irritates nerves and promotes inflammation), lots of rest, laughter, love, avoiding known toxins such as tobacco etc. and practicing stress reduction and positive thinking all make a huge difference and will help carry you quicker through the flares. And, they frequently are just bad periods--a speedbump in the road to get over and then drive easily again. Hang in there! I'm sending you very best wishes. Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread