It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2009, 05:09 PM   #1
(female)

shutterhappy HB User
Lightbulb Sjogren's and bone problems.. anyone else?

a while back when i decided it was time to figure out why my back was hurting all the time, i got an x ray from a chiropractor who saw that the bone in my back (directly where my bra hooks) looked like it had some enamel eaten away which is why it doesnt "click" or sit right with the surrounding vertebrae. She said this damage could be from a childhood case of Sjogren's Syndrome, and is irreversible (yeah i figured. its not like getting a filling on your tooth) But if sjogrens is auto-immune doesn't that mean i have it right now.. and forever? she hasnt said anything else about it since the results of the x ray all those years ago and i have to keep going in for adjustments because just a few will not "cure" me. So.. thats the only time I heard of Sjogren's other than stumbling upon it at this site.. does anyone have a similar issue like mine? if so, what did you do about it/are doing about it?

Old 07-27-2009, 07:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
Re: Sjogren's and bone problems.. anyone else?

Hi, I have never heard of sjogren's being diagnosed that way. I think I read there may be a connection between osteroporosis and sjogren's. Do you have dry eyes and mouth and positive blood work? That doesn't always mean you do or do not have sjogren's but you need to see a good rheumotologist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2009, 11:14 PM   #3
(female)

shutterhappy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel52 View Post
Hi, I have never heard of sjogren's being diagnosed that way. I think I read there may be a connection between osteroporosis and sjogren's. Do you have dry eyes and mouth and positive blood work? That doesn't always mean you do or do not have sjogren's but you need to see a good rheumotologist.
i dont think i have dry eyes. although when i had contacts they would get dry a lot. but my eyes water if its too cold.. so .. hmm no on that.. and i dont have dry mouth.. positive blood work? do you mean a positive blood type? im B+ if thats what you mean. so.. i dunno. see, im trying to figure out everything my breasts are troubling on my body so i can send a good claim to my insurance for a reduction..

Old 07-28-2009, 11:51 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

It is a special test. I think it is SSA and ANA. There is another one but I can't remember what it is. They are tests for autoimmune diseases. You can still have it without having a positive result.
Regarding a breast reduction. If you can have a doctor write a letter that back problems are caused by large breasts and you have sores in your shoulders from your bra straps you should be able to get the insurance company to cover it. If it is denied, then appeal the decision.

Closed Thread