It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2009, 10:58 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Madison104 HB UserMadison104 HB UserMadison104 HB User
Evoxac?

Has anyone here taken evoxac? It is a new drug for Sjogrens. I have read the side effects and I just don't feel that good about starting this medication. I have to say though that my mouth feels like the Sahara desert, and my eyes are SO dry and the pain is horrific, especially in the am. I have upped my eye drops, and am using them every hour. And I got the Biotene for dry mouth rinse.

I was just wondering if anyone can give me feedback about this drug?
Thanks!
Madison

Old 02-19-2010, 12:28 PM   #2
(female)

srcindy HB User
Re: Evoxac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison104 View Post
Has anyone here taken evoxac? It is a new drug for Sjogrens. I have read the side effects and I just don't feel that good about starting this medication. I have to say though that my mouth feels like the Sahara desert, and my eyes are SO dry and the pain is horrific, especially in the am. I have upped my eye drops, and am using them every hour. And I got the Biotene for dry mouth rinse.

Thanks!
Madison
I have been taking Evoxac for about 6 months. I think it helps a lot for my dry mouth, eyes and skin. I also have Irritable Bowel, and I think it helps that also. I still use lotion and creams everyday, but I do notice a large difference. If I don't use the Evoxac, I feel like I have a lump in my throat and have trouble swallowing.

I don't notice any side effects.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2010, 04:42 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Madison104 HB UserMadison104 HB UserMadison104 HB User

srcindy, this makes me pause about taking this maybe...thank you!
I am going to see if my insurance will pay for this....
Thank you again.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:16 PM   #4
(male)

tazzalazz HB User

It's okay. You can use pilocarpine or switch between the two, but nothing will bring back the moisture all the time

Old 06-01-2010, 10:24 AM   #5
(female)

Danigirl22 HB User

Madison104, any update on side effects to Evoxac?

Old 02-19-2011, 02:35 PM   #6
(male)

boysinmac HB User

I am one of the rare men that has it. I have taken it for over a year and it has totally changed my life. In addition restasis has really helped my dry eyes. My dentist gives me paradex which has cleared up my mouth issues and some gum (will have to get the name later) that keeps my mouth feeling normal.. Only problem, all this is really expensive and I know several people who have lost insurance payments on their Evoxac:

Old 03-07-2011, 04:46 PM   #7
(male)

hoyasaw HB User
Thumbs up Re: Evoxac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison104 View Post

Thanks!
Madison
With Evoxac as well as Pilocarpine make sure you drink at least 64 oz of water daily. You may otherwise become dehydrated. You can sweat profusely and that can become a problem so severe you can wind up in the hospital. What ever you sweat out you must put back in. My wife suffers from dry mouth and unfortunately nothing helps lubricate her mouth. She suffers from xerostomia, dry mouth, from radiation therapy. According to the radiologist it wasn't supposed to happen, but it did. She is now severly depressed.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #8
(female)

Jennifer C HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by srcindy View Post
I have been taking Evoxac for about 6 months. I think it helps a lot for my dry mouth, eyes and skin. I also have Irritable Bowel, and I think it helps that also. I still use lotion and creams everyday, but I do notice a large difference. If I don't use the Evoxac, I feel like I have a lump in my throat and have trouble swallowing.

I don't notice any side effects.
I have been on Evoxac for 1 year. I could not live without it. I take it 2 times a day but I can take it up to 3 times a day. It has helped everything about my body. Before taking Evoxac I could hardly talk more than 2 min at a time. Now I can talk as much as I want, which made my husband happy!!!!!

Closed Thread