It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
(female)

Angie10 HB User
Anyone on methotrexate?

Hi Everyone,

I have been on injectable methotrexate since August 2009, and have noticed a tremendous decrease in joint pain. I almost feel normal. I went through the entire winter without the normal debilitating pain that I had been on when on plaquenil. I just wondered if others with Sjogrens also need to be on methotrexate due to extreme joint pain.

I also read that some with Sjogrens use biologics, if necessary. Could you please share your experiences with such drugs if you have been on them? Thank you!

Angie10

Old 06-06-2010, 06:45 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: Anyone on methotrexate?

HI Angie...I have RA with Sjogrens and I take Orencia(biologic) and methotrexate and they control both. I also do Restasis and ten tons of eye drops.

I don't know what would happen if I only had Sjogrens and I got Sjogrens while on MTX so I credit the Orencia for controlling it. Between the dry eyes of Sjogrens and the rheumatoid uveitis of RA, my eyes were a mess but now doing pretty well.

I'm in Connecticut but see a rhuemy in Mass(Springfiled). Worth his weight in gold.

good luck.............Jenny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2010, 06:14 PM   #3
(female)

Angie10 HB User
Re: Anyone on methotrexate?

Thank you, Jenny!

I actually see a rheumie in Boston and she has been the only doctor not to rush into a diagnosis. She is not sure if my Sjogrens is primary or secondary because she thinks that there is something else going on. However, only time will tell. The joint pain was so debilitating that it was a challenge to work, but I can't quit.

I had another rheumie diagnose me with Lupus beforehand, so I'm not sure what this other ambiguous issue may be but know that the methotrexate has made a huge difference. I'm in my late thirties now, so I pretty much feel that I'm at the beginning of this journey. However, by treating it now, I'm hoping to slow the progression of whatever it may be if it is more than just Sjogrens. I also have Fibromyalgia so I have gotten used to the day to day issues.

I love the Restasis too! I also put a gel drop into my eyes several times a day and have a punctal plug in my left eye. Hoping to get a plug in the right eye when I see my eye doctor in a couple of months. I think it does make a difference.

Thank you for your input. It really does help to know others do well with additional DMARDS and biologics. Take care!

Angie

Closed Thread