It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2011, 01:25 PM   #1
(female)

brooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB User
joint hurts only at night

Hello,
I am still learning about the ins and outs of Sjogren's Syndrome and everyday I seem to learn something new. For the past two months I have been waking up during the night whenever I move my left thumb. The pain is in the wrist joint and is very painful. After I have been awake for about an hour in the morning the area no longer hurts and only very occasionally does the joint twinge when I use the arm/thumb throughout the day. Has anyone else experienced this type of joint pain? If so, any suggestions for treating it? I have used ibuproffen but it seems silly to take it every single night when I only have the pains for about a minute a few times a night. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 03-12-2011, 06:08 AM   #2
(female)

trouble1968 HB Usertrouble1968 HB Usertrouble1968 HB User
Re: joint hurts only at night

Hello,

I have been battling joint pain for about 11 years now. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about 9 or so years ago and withing the past year they have added Sjogrens Syndrome because several of my issues went above and beyond the scope of Fibromyalgia. I have had the pain in my knees since I was a young girl, the other pains have just added up.

I would take the ibuprophen every night even though you only have pain here and there and not necessarily every night. The anti-inflammatory will help. I understand that you don't want to take it all the time when the pain isn't all the time, but once the you have the pain in your thumb it has woken you up and you are in pain......if you take the ibuprophin and it helps keep the flares of pain in your thumb from waking you up as much then your sleep isn't getting disrupted and with better sleep you have a better chance of having less aggrivation for you body.

I know when my sleep in disrupted a lot or I can't sleep because of my flares, then I feel even worse and the flares get worse and worse. If my medication helps me get a couple of good nights sleep that the flares are a little less painful. I at least think that the better sleep helps a little bit.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread