It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2011, 11:07 AM   #1
(male)

sparkle16 HB User
Question working full time with sjogrens

HI everyone, working full time with sjogrens isn't easy is it ? my employers are getting really fed up with me , as i struggle to do my job with this illness , as most of the jobs i do are standing up , as i am unable to do these jobs anymore they offered to give me a sitting down job , but this also gave me problems as i was looking down all the time and as i also have osteoarthritis in my neck so this made it worse, oh dear i don't know what to do now as my employers have now said that because of this they may have to terminate my contract, as they say they have done all they can for me . anyone else in the same situation , if so i would love to hear from you with any advise , looks like i may have to look at disabilty , this is something i know nothing about , i have also heard it's very hard to claim with sjogrens . look forward to hearing from you . ps i'm in the uk.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2011, 06:24 PM   #2
(female)

brooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB User
Re: working full time with sjogrens

I am sorry to hear about your difficulties! I too have had problems working in the past due to a medical reason (ruptured every disc in my neck and now they think the discs dried out due to sjogren's and that is why they ruptured) but I was taken out of work by my neurosurgeon "until further notice" (that is what she wrote on my medical note to employer), which apparently did not satisfy them as they fired me after a month out. I filed with the state (live in US) and they agreed that I was wrongly fired but I did not want to go back to people that treat employees like that so I moved back to my parents to rehab the neck and recover. Since then I have not been able to find decent full time work! Probably because I walk like I am 90 into the interview (which I cannot help as I also have SLE and major joint pain all the time) and disability is next to impossible here. I don't really have any helpful information for you but wanted to let you know you are not alone. If you feel that disability is the best for you then I say go for it, I am too young to be taken seriously here (31 but I look 20). Hope things work out for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2011, 01:13 PM   #3
(male)

sparkle16 HB User
Re: working full time with sjogrens

Thank you for your reply , and i am also sorry to hear of your problems , must be very difficult for you , i think being fired is the next thing for me too , with being so tired all the time and all the aches and pains , i really don't think i can carry on working full time , i have been offered part time from my employers , but i could not manage on the money , so i turned it down , so i am really hoping i get some help , never been in this situation before so not sure what to do at the moment , but anyway i hope your not in too much pain, and wishing you all the best , take care x

Closed Thread