It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
(female)

paperbgprinces HB Userpaperbgprinces HB Userpaperbgprinces HB Userpaperbgprinces HB User
What is wrong with me!!??

I'm 21 years old and have been having symptoms of something for the past 7 months. My doctor has done xrays of my knees- normal. Complete Blood Count- normal. Rheumatoid Factor- normal. CRP- normal. ANA- positive, speckled 1:80.

It started with sore knees and slightly puffy fingers, I noticed my rings didn't fit on anymore.

Then my fingers started hurting, at the middle joints in all fingers except my thumbs.

Then I notice my eyes and mouth were very dry. My eyes burn, sting, feel dry and hurt. My orthodontist said I have what you'd possibly expect to see in early Sjogren's. My eyes also get puffy.

In the past 2 weeks I'm not longer able to make a fist or straighten a few of my fingers. They're also red, but not hot to touch. It's difficult to open door handles, hold pens or open jars.

In the past I've had strange rashes and nasal and oral ulcers.

The last two nights I've seen a faint, pink rash over the bridge of my nose and onto my cheeks under my eyes.

I'm waiting to see a rheumatologist, but it's going to be at least another 4 weeks. My GP has prescribed Naproxen. I also have Coeliac Disease, which is well managed..

What could be going on? I'm worried that I've only had a weakly positive ANA that I'll just be dismissed.. (p.s. I live in New Zealand, so not Lyme Disease)

Could this be an autoimmune connective tissue disease? Does it sound like UCTD, MCTD, Sjogrens, seronegative RA, Fibro? Something else??!

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2011, 12:46 AM   #2
(male)

artie34 HB User
Re: What is wrong with me!!??

It definitely does sound like an autoimmune problem, especially with the pain in your fingers and knees. My first guess based on those symptoms would be rheumatoid arthritis.

This part really caught my eye: "a faint, pink rash over the bridge of my nose and onto my cheeks under my eyes." That reminds me of the rash that you see in people with Lupus (SLE).

Old 08-06-2011, 08:07 PM   #3
(female)

paperbgprinces HB Userpaperbgprinces HB Userpaperbgprinces HB Userpaperbgprinces HB User
Re: What is wrong with me!!??

Thanks. I haven't had any more pinkish rashes on my face.

My rheumatologist said she thinks my problems are because of an "emotional response" and a "mechanical problem". I disagree, so I'm not seeing her anymore.

Thanks.

Reply Reply