It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2011, 09:01 PM   #1
(female)

paperbgprinces HB Userpaperbgprinces HB Userpaperbgprinces HB Userpaperbgprinces HB User
What sorts of tests?

I'm a 21 year old female and I've been having dry eyes, dry mouth and swollen, hot, red, stiff, sore joints (both knees and fingers) which I'm not able to straighten when they become like this. I also have Raynaud's Disease, fatigue, nose ulcers, a few odd rashes. This started 7 months ago.

I've been seeing my GP who've run some blood tests (sed rate and ANA positive. CRP, CBC, RF, anti-CCP normal). I'm on a 1 month course of Prednisone and some stronger ibuprofen. The Prednisone is amazing! My doctor and the rheumatologist on call at the hospital said it's definitely some form of autoimmune inflammatory arthritis.

They've not been more specific than that, but I've done a bit of research and it seems like it's either going to be (sero-negative) Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease or Sjogren's Syndrome.

I understand there are tests like lip biopsies and stuff that can be done to check for Sjogren's.

Can someone please elaborate on what's involved in these tests? A lip biopsy doesn't sound like fun..

Thanks!

Old 06-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #2
(female)

anniebella10 HB User
Re: What sorts of tests?

hey sorry to hear about your illnesses. I just had my lip biopsy done last month. Surprisingly it didn't hurt at all. They just gave you a little numbing shot like at the dentist and wait 20 mins then he came in and cut away a few little pieces of the inner lower part of my lip. I hope that helps with the lip biopsy fear. I know before they did some blood work but the lip biopsy they can tell if you have it or not.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2011, 01:03 AM   #3
(female)

paperbgprinces HB Userpaperbgprinces HB Userpaperbgprinces HB Userpaperbgprinces HB User
Re: What sorts of tests?

Thank you for the reply. That sounds pretty horrible. I'm not really keen for that. I'm seeing the rheumatologist on the 30th June..

Closed Thread