It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2011, 07:15 AM   #1
(female)

Nap4Me HB User
Question Fatigue, temperature control, Lasik eye correction and Weight

Hello

I was diagnosed just over two years ago with Sjogren's. I just had permanent silicone eye plugs put in four days ago an noticed improvement the very next day so I can recommend them. I also see a naturopath who has helped me a lot.

My question is what do you do to combat or deal with the fatigue? I'm always tired. This makes it hard to loose weight. I need to loose at least 40lb but as soon as I'm on the roll I get so tired and I dont stick with it. Then there is the too hot or cold issue...In the middle of summer I'm too hot and in the winter always too cold. I'm seriously contemplating Lasik eye correction...has anyone done this and what are your results?

Please give me feedback on the above issues as it would be very much appreciated?

Old 07-06-2011, 03:31 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Madison104 HB UserMadison104 HB UserMadison104 HB User
Re: Fatigue, temperature control, Lasik eye correction and Weight

Hi, I am ALWAYS cold in the winter, with my Raynauds (body parts) and then again the heat kills me!!! Does anyone here feel like they are SO hot (NOT hot flash) but you don't sweat? I feel like you could fry an egg on my tummy. Sometimes it wakes me at night, and I get up SO very sick to my stomach, hotter than he** but NO sweating???

I saw an endocrinologist. He was NO help. He did test my thyroid and sugar but had NO clue as to why I NEVER sweat? Isn't it the sweating that helps to cool down our bodies?

You have my compassion Nap. I have Lupus as well, and I get SO discouraged with all that I have to deal with. I am always lubricating something!! I just put more eye drops in

I wish you and everyone else the best........This just plain sucks!

The following user gives a hug of support to Madison104:
RAQQ (10-06-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply