It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #1
(female)

hamiltonND HB User
lower back issues

anyone experience lower back problems with Sjogrens? I have been experiencing lower dull back pain right above my buttox area on both sides. when i wake up its worse feels like its a real stiff sore muscle but yet it kinda drags with me all day....ive looked things up and there is a few things i came across that had to do with Sjogrens. just wanted to know if anyone has been told they have anything else that is in relation to the back pain. I think i am going to make a appointment with my rheumy for this. Thank you in advance for any responses!

Old 09-18-2011, 04:27 PM   #2
(female)

MamaToThree HB User
Re: lower back issues

Hi Hamilton.

I have not been diagnosed with SS, but have had positive ANA tests since 2006. I am requesting an appt. with a rheumy and hopefully get a more intense workup. I have tested negative for Lyme's and negative for HLA-B27. Testing with a high Rheumatoid factor, too. I am going to request some testing for SS, but one of my MAJOR complaints is the back pain that I have constantly. It's hard to explain...feels muscular, but I also sometimes get pinching in my lower back. It's almost unbearable when I first wake up, but I live with the constant aching back. Naproxen, advil, tylenol doesn't touch the pain. Vicodin does help, but not like I want to be taking that on a daily basis (although lately I'm starting to think that if I can live pain free by taking a vicodin once a day I might consider it). Good luck at your rheumy appt. I'll be keepig an eye out for what they find!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2011, 12:35 PM   #3
(female)

koalame HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiltonND View Post
anyone experience lower back problems with Sjogrens? I have been experiencing lower dull back pain right above my buttox area on both sides. when i wake up its worse feels like its a real stiff sore muscle but yet it kinda drags with me all day....ive looked things up and there is a few things i came across that had to do with Sjogrens. just wanted to know if anyone has been told they have anything else that is in relation to the back pain. I think i am going to make a appointment with my rheumy for this. Thank you in advance for any responses!
Yes, I have no explanation but I can tell you that I am experiencing the lower back pain. Some days it is worse than others. Also, it extends to my hip area. I have received no explanation from doctors. Depending on how much the Sjogren's is acting up - the pain lessons or gets worse. Sorry to hear you have the same.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:57 AM   #4
(male)

Landan HB User

That is how all my problem started. Went through many different doctors and was finally diagnosed with sjogrens by rheumatologist. Lower back pain was very bad and all centered at my tailbone. Went through physical therapy and 3 cortisone injections and a very painful myelogram. All showed only a slight bulge in L5 disk and some degeneration, but nothing to explain the severe pain. Rheumatologist prescribed Neurotin for nerve pain and diagonsed the Sjogren's; he also prescribed Hydroxychlor for the fatigue. It was a relief to finally talk to a doctor who understood and didn't make me feel like this was all in my head. Just taking it one day at a time! Best of luck to you.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:23 AM   #5
(female)

1raisin HB User

odly enough i was out a whole week two weeks ago for severe lower back pain. I have idea if it is related or not - but do consider it ironic that you posed this question. I went to my GP for the treatment and he gave me muscle relaxers, anti-inflamatories, and hydrocodone. I am still suffering from pain, but not anything like the debilitation I had two weeks ago. Couldn't even stand to do the dishes or vacuum - the place was filthy which didn't help me much mentally.

Please post the outcome of your conversation with your doctor in this regard. I am very interested.

Mine told me to start taking D3 supplements because most folks with autoimune disease are deficient.

I do hope you arrive to a solution for your pain - hard way to live. Good luck

Old 11-16-2011, 05:17 PM   #6
(female)

ghastlysmashley HB User

Hey,
I have had to low back problems since 1991. I also have Fibro., and Erosive Inflammatory Osteoarthritis, etc and have had the cortisone injections, muscle relaxer, pain meds, antinflamatories. In the last two months, the pain is unbearable. My rheumy believes it is a ruptured disk, so I am waiting on an MRI. I don't know if Sjogren's affects the lower back, but that is a question I will certainly ask about. Good luck to all.

Reply Reply