It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2011, 11:40 AM   #1
(female)

loisstal HB User
Itching

I have Sjogren's and am wondering if anyone else has problems with itching, mainly on the trunk of the body. My skin does not appear to be dry but I have spells of itching around my shoulder blades, back of neck, back below the waist sometimes just above the vaginia along where legs and body come together. It can be worse when I remove bra, or pull underpants down.
I know the liver can cause itching but my Alk-phosphatase is fine,about 53 to 62, normal being 34-105. My legs and arms, vagina etc. do not itch. I have tried hydro-allergic soap powders and stopped dryer sheets without any relief. I only take hydroxychoroquine for Sjogren's and dry-eye eye drops.
Does anybody else have this type of itching?

Old 11-07-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Itching

hi,
yes i have had that. warm showers instead of hot. rx topical steroids and only cotton clothing. i have soaps made for me by a friend. a switch to her cirtus soap fixed the itching. it lasted about 1 year and now is gone.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2011, 12:39 PM   #3
(female)

loisstal HB User

Thank you for the reply. I am wondering if your itching was specific like mine or an overall itching? Was the citris soap for body or for laundry?
I have been having loose bowels and in trying to find cause have discontinued hydroxychlorquine pills for a few days. I believe my itching is not as bad but still problem with bowels somewhat. My lower legs are black, hyperpigmentation and dermatogist said it could be a side effect of same pill. What would we do without these side effects?? Anyway, thank you.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:54 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi,
i tried the same med for about 5 weeks and quit. it did "cure" my i.b.s, giggle, but not worth it for me. tried steroids and am weaning off them too. western meds were worth a try so i did. it is not for me.
yes my itching was mainly trunk and back, mostly back, sometimes legs or arms.
i have my body soap made for me, you won't be able to buy it. i use arm and hammer liquid soap with no scent or dyes.
for myself i found the meds did not help enough to balance the side affects of said meds. i feel safer taking an organic path instead. after hearing about your dear sweet legs i am even more convinced it is not for me. sending healing energy to your legs.
peace,
bluelakelady

Last edited by bluelakelady; 11-08-2011 at 05:56 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
loisstal (11-08-2011)
Reply Reply