It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
(female)

bonnie36 HB User
any idea

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am new to this site but my problem is far from new.
I am a 44 year old woman. For the last 23 years (!!!!) I have had muscle and joint aches, weakness, headaches etc.. Every test under the sun seems to have been done, and the only one that is consistently elevated is my sed rate. My sed rate has never dropped below 41 in all those years and generally hovers between 45 and 60. At one point it went up to 98. I also have anemia that is attributed to an iron deficiency.
I have gone to a rheum. doc who suggested i lose some way, perhaps do a Jane Fonda tape. He diagnosed me with fibromylagia which i dont really believe since that doesnt affect the sed rate. i don't believe he took me very seriously.
for years now, my internist and i have just chalked the sed rate up to just the way i am since nothing major has happened by now.
however, i am starting to worry again. i recently had surgery to repair a torn meniscus and the surgeon asked me a couple of times after surgery if i had a history of rheum arthritis. he said there was unusual inflammation in the joint and mentioned a congestion of blood vessels. he did a synovial biopsy, and, like everything else, it was negative.
a few days later i went to the eye doctor for a check up. i have had dry eyes for years. i have been trying a variety of contact lenses for people with dry eyes and mentioned to her that when wearing contacts the right eye is irritated more than the left. she looked more closely at it and said there are corneal changes in the right eye and, she mentioned an abundance of blood vessels in the area.
i told the eye doc about my high sed rate for years etc and she got me worried. said you shouldn't mess around with that. inflammation is bad for the body, esp. long term. as i said, because my internist has become blase about it, so too have i. now i am worry again. dont know where to turn or what to do.

any insight would be really appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply