It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #1
(female)

mebtink HB User
Question Sjogrens/Fibromyalgia/hypothyroid/depression

Has anyone figured out how to manage all their issues all together. I know for me sjogrens has not been a single companion in my life, it has brought mulptiple others with it.

I am having a hard time getting my doctors to realize that these are all related and that they need to be treated as a whole entity, instead of the common answer I always get: "you are having a flare up."

Any advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User
Re: Sjogrens/Fibromyalgia/hypothyroid/depression

What exactly are you looking for? I have secondary Sjogren's to scleroderma with Hashimoto's thyroiditis as well, so I know what it's like to have more than one condition. My rheumy doesn't treat the thyroid issues, or the scleroderma induced migraines, or the eye problems. Sometimes it seems that I have an awful lot of Dr.s! But, I keep my rheumatologist informed and up to date of all the scleroderma related issues as he's my "overseer" of all that as it were, and I keep my Primary care Dr up to date with everything else. A good relationship with your Dr's is essential to give you that secure feeling that they are indeed treating you as a whole individual, rather than just a symptom here or a problem there. I hope this helps, and good luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #3
(female)

chame HB User
Re: Sjogrens/Fibromyalgia/hypothyroid/depression

I take Cymbalta to mitigate the pain of the Sjogrens and Fibromyalgia. I take Opiates for pain and Synthroid for the Hashimotos. It's not typical for a rheumatologist to handle the work of an endocrinologist so you'll need an endocrinologist to get your hypothyroid under control. You'll also need a good opthamologist in order to get any conjunctivitis that pops up to give you Besevance and if you end up taking Plaquenil, you'll have to get annual peripheral vision exams. It was every 9 months but they just raised it to every 12 months. It seems like a lot but the only person who can't really help is your internist. You might ask about Cymbalta because in addition to the pain help, it is an SSRI which helps a lot with Depression.

Reply Reply