It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
(female)

lw24 HB User
Sjogrens Syndrome and Mono

I was recently tested for many things including mono and auto immune diseases. I tested positive for mono, along with a positive ANA and positive ss b (but not ss a). My doctor wants to wait 6-12 weeks and retest after the mono is gone to see if mono is effecting the tests. I know that mono can effect an ANA test, however everything I read does not seem to suggest that mono can cause a positive ss b test. Can mono cause a positive ss b test or can anything cause a false positive ss b test?
My symptoms are extreme fatigue, constant runny nose, cough, pain in the spleen area and chest, and pain during sex. I have a small dry patch of skin under my left eye, but not actual dry eyes (just went to the eye doctor before knowing these tests, and he said I showed a small amount of dry eyes, but always have due to contacts). I do not feel like I have a problem with dry mouth.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #2
(female)

boobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB User
Re: Sjogrens Syndrome and Mono

Limitations of the ANA test

Different serum dilutions can produce varying nuclear patterns, and one pattern may obscure and prevent the detection of other patterns when several antibodies are present. Nuclear patterns aren’t specific or sensitive. Therefore, no single pattern denotes a single disease, and several diseases may produce a particular pattern.

i can see why your doctor wants to wait. obviously, until your mono is gone...he won't be able to tell until he can retest.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #3
(female)

boobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB User
Re: Sjogrens Syndrome and Mono

Limitations of the ANA test

Different serum dilutions can produce varying nuclear patterns, and one pattern may obscure and prevent the detection of other patterns when several antibodies are present. Nuclear patterns aren’t specific or sensitive. Therefore, no single pattern denotes a single disease, and several diseases may produce a particular pattern.

i can see why your doctor wants to wait. obviously, until your mono is gone...he won't be able to tell until he can retest.

Reply Reply