It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
(female)

NBY HB User
Newly diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome

Well, this is my story. I woke up one morning and couldn't swallow. I thought I was having an allergic reaction, or something I went to the doctor and she said my glands in my neck were grossly enlarged. I didn't even notice. They ruled out infection, abyssess, stones, etc. Took months. Then I was sent to another doctor. He did an ultra sound and decided to go into my glands have a look around and try to determine what the problem was. He said he wouldn't take a biopsy if he didn't see something. I ended up with a lip biopsy, he discovered that my saliva gland by my ear was sealed shut, and the one under my chin,jaw was partially sealed but could not determine what caused it. The biopsy came back and I was diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome and am going to the rheumatory doctor on the 21st to see how advanced and discuss treatment.
I also had a GI workup before surgery and I have cronic reflux and a hernia in my esophagus.
Oh and lets not forget the persistant low-grade fever(100-100.5) that will not go away!!!! I am really tired of being sick! I am hoping the Dr on the 21st can help!!

Old 06-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
(female)

NBY HB User
Re: Newly diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome

I go to the doctor on the 21st, I haven't even been yet. I already have swelling the size of a tennis ball in my neck by my collar bone, on the opposite side of where my neck(under my jaw) was swollen when I got my biopsy. It has been like this for 3 days or so, and I don't know what it means, still runnng fever. I am getting really nervous about my appointment; at least it is coming up and I don't have to wait much longer.

Last edited by NBY; 06-17-2012 at 02:56 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to NBY:
June89 (06-29-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply