It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
(female)

texasmary HB User
Burning tongue syndrome & Sjogrens?

The "burning tongue" symptom was mentioned on another thread (on this Sjogrens Board) today, and I want to follow up on it with a new thread. I'm wondering if very many others deal with this problem. I woke up one morning about 8 months ago with the tip of my tongue red and stinging. I had drunk some very hot coffee the night before and this followed a couple of very stressful days. I had never experienced something like this before and I thought it would go away... but it didn't for a long time. Went to my primary care doc who gave me a round of Valtrex, just in case it was a herpes virus. Went to my oral surgeon who was the first to mention Sjogrens. It finally settled down somewhat after about 2 months, and it was after my first visit with a rheumatologist who prescribed Tramadol for my other aches and pains. It has flared up two or three times since then, and I think it coincides with stressful events. The Tramadol calms it down after a few minutes. I have read everything I can find on Burning Tongue Syndrome, and I don't think any of them mentioned Sjogrens as a possible reason. I do have the dry mouth thing and also sore places inside my cheek where I evidently bite down while eating and also without knowing it while sleeping. The salivary doc says that I probably suck on my cheeks to produce moisture. Just wondering if any of this rings a bell with any of the rest of you. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply