It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #1
(female)

shar621 HB User
Pilocarpine or Evorax

Well i went to my doctor with my concern and he gave me a prescription of pilocarpine. I used it yesterday and to my surprise works pretty well Its been so long that i feel a lubricate mouth. I hope this medicine can help the vaginal dryness. I asked my doc to give me evoxac but he didnt bc he was concern medicaid may not pay for it bc its not a generic name. This drug is pretty expensive, too. So which is better?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
(female)

MsMarty HB User
Re: Pilocarpine or Evorax

I started with Pilocarpine about 9 mos ago, and it was a breakthrough! Helped not only with dry mouth but eyes, sweating and vaginal dryness. Dosage is 10 mg 3 times day. No negative side affects so far. Maybe it will do same for you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2012, 01:11 PM   #3
(female)

Tfill HB User
Re: Pilocarpine or Evorax

Hi, I do not have SS but have other things. I have the most severe case of dry mouth my dentist has ever seen. It is ruining my teeth. He prescribe Evoxac. I have no insurance and this was costing me so much I would not take more than one at night time. I have since added my drug cost up and it $1500 for 3 month supply. I now get 3 of my scripts from Canada (generic) and have cut my cost for 3 months to $500. I get generic cymbalta, generic crestor, and Pilacarpine with is generic for Salagen (sic). I am able to take 3 of them a day and afford them too! I can really tell a different after taking one.

Another thing my dentist advised is to use Xylitol. It comes in gum and mints. (I cant do gum, tmjd) They just came out with Xylimelts. You put one between your gums and cheek at night and it sorta sticks, slowly desolving all night to help with saliva. The other good thing is that it helps cut down the bacteria in your mouth that destroys your teeth. I love these!! Hope some of this helps. T~~

Reply Reply