It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
(female)

texasmary HB User
Sjogren's and Cataract Surgery

Has anyone with Sjogren's on this board had cataract surgery? Are there any special precautions that I should consider? Do I need an opthamologist with special experience treating SS patients? Does anyone know a good eye surgeon with Sjogren's knowledge in the Dallas area? Thanks.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:50 AM   #2
(female)

boobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB User
Re: Sjogren's and Cataract Surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmary View Post
Has anyone with Sjogren's on this board had cataract surgery? Are there any special precautions that I should consider? Do I need an opthamologist with special experience treating SS patients? Does anyone know a good eye surgeon with Sjogren's knowledge in the Dallas area? Thanks.
hi mary. i just had cataract surgery on both eyes, less than a month ago. they did my right eye first which was a mistake, since that eye is lazy and i couldn't see to drive or work, so they did my left eye 1 week later. most opthamologists are surgeons. i'm afraid that i'm in canada, so i don't know of any in the u.s., but one thing i will recommend....ask for an early morning appointment when you get it done. reason being....on my second eye i had the last surgery of the day and due to the dryness and the migraines, i developed a severe migraine about 1 1/2 hours before my surgery, as you can't eat or drink anything after midnight the night before surgery, so they had to take me in the prep room anyway to give me fluids by IV. my first eye surgery was early and it was perfect. no problems at all. good luck with everything and i hope this helps.

not sure why....but while you're submitting posts...it doubles them for some reason...sorry.

Last edited by boobootwo; 08-11-2012 at 09:49 AM. Reason: typo and double post

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #3
(female)

boobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB User
Re: Sjogren's and Cataract Surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmary View Post
hi mary. i just had cataract surgery on both eyes, less than a month ago. they did my right eye first which was a mistake, since that eye is lazy and i couldn't see to drive or work, so they did my left eye 1 week later. most opthamologists are surgeons. i'm afraid that i'm in canada, so i don't know of any in the u.s., but one thing i will recommend....ask for an early morning appointment when you get it done. reason being....on my second eye i had the last surgery of the day and due to the dryness and the migraines, i developed a sever migraine about 1 1/2 hours before my surgery, so they had to take me in the prep room anyway to give me fluids. my first eye surgery was early and it was perfect. no problems at all. good luck with everything and i hope this helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to boobootwo For This Useful Post:
texasmary (08-11-2012)
Reply Reply