It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
(female)

abrey HB User
new here, advice, thoughts?

Hello,
I do believe I have Sjogren's.
4 Years ago I developed auto immune symptoms, like MS after having two dental implants. I had all kinds of tests run and my bloodwork did suggest Sjorgren's but the rheumertory doc did not diagnose. Over the years I have had muscle pain, extreme fatique, numbness, some eye dryness, enough to need drops from time to time, female dryness and my skin and hair is dry despite a very good diet. I also remember my mom complaining of similar symptoms when she was my age(50). She has passed so I can not talk with her about it. I just had more bloodwork done and it appears I do not have Lupus but I have a positive ANA and Anti SS-A 3.3.
I am pretty sure I have it. My biggest troubling symptoms are crashing fatique that comes and goes, extreme muscle soreness and joint pain.
I want to mention that I did have my titanium dental implants removed 6 months ago and did feel a bit better but was still symptomatic. I had one replaced with zirconium and it is stressing out my system again, amping up my symptoms.
Currently I am working with naturopaths.
I am very holistic in my health approach and I wonder if it is worth my time to go to the doctor to get a referal for a reumatogist. Is there any thing that can help? I hesitate to medicate with something that may also cause harm.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks in advance for any advice.

Last edited by abrey; 08-11-2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: spelling

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply