It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

dltt48 HB Userdltt48 HB Userdltt48 HB Userdltt48 HB User
tongue inflamation

Has anyone with Sjogren's had a problem with their tongue being inflammed-meaning always swollen and fat? I'm tired of it and don't know if i can blame it on sjogrens. i've had extensiven allergy testing, plus celiac,lactose etc. Im just curious if any one else who has this disease is suffering from a swollen tongue? thanks

Old 08-27-2012, 06:44 AM   #2
(female)

Catalina1 HB User
Re: tongue inflamation

Not swollen but sores most of the time. I have a prescription for it. I bought the Medifocus Guidbook on Sjogren's Syndrome which I found very helpful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2012, 05:57 AM   #3
(female)

MsMarty HB User

dlt, my tongue burns most of the time, and I get blister like sores under tongue and toward throat. Use an oral spray that is a demulcent, has glycerin, to relieve. Also avoid all food too acid or alkaline (which is a lot!). Catalina, can you share with us what prescription meds you are taking, and how it helps?

Old 08-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

dltt48 HB Userdltt48 HB Userdltt48 HB Userdltt48 HB User

Thanks to both of u. My dr gave me a sample of a mouth rinse called Numoisyn-i like it because i can swallow it after i swish, so it coats my throat too. And i don't have to get up in the night-i can keep it by my bed. My throat is always so dry-even with the Evoxac-i'm guessing thats the cause of the swelling and pain. I will have to watch what i eat more carefully. I'm just always biting it in my sleep because it swells up over my teeth at night. I have a device i'm suppose to wear for sleep apnea but with my mouth swollen its too uncomfortable to wear--so i know i'm not really getting any real sleep at night.. i wonder too if i have sleep apnea because i'm choking on my dry tongue at night. seem like a vicious cycle.. thanks for your input

Old 11-06-2012, 07:31 AM   #5
(female)

Beachbuggy HB User

I had the lip biopsy 3 weeks ago and it was the most painful procedure I have ever had. My lip was numbed good except the doctor hit every nerve possible. It was not his fault but the nerves could not be numbed I assume. I hope to never have another one. It was positive and I am on pain medications after 7 back surgeries, 3 rotator cuff surgeries and foot surgery and also medications for depression. All of these medications cause my mouth to be very dry so there is little I can do to help the dry mouth. I have tried all of the toothpaste and rinses and I have found none of them to help. I have also had 2 teeth pulled because of the dry mouth. The right side of my cheek is very sore because
I bite my cheek, bottom lip and my tongue. I get choked often while eating and some foods I just cannot swollow. Does anyone have a problem chewing gum? After about 15 minutes the gum just desolves in my mouth like cotton candy and my lips kinda of stick together. It is a very strange feeling and the only way to get it off my lips is with a wet paper towel or wash cloth. I would love to hear from anyone about your symptoms because I had never hear of this syndrome before!!!

Reply Reply