It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
Anyone have Sjogrens & Fibromyalgia?

I've been here a few times now. Had negative bloodwork for Sjogrens but not really convinced so wanting to get the lip biopsy done. I'm just sick of drs after 14 yrs. The ones I seen now are great but I hate making an appt, another dr bill & more gas driving towns away just to be told its negative.
I had probs as a child but my probs didn't really start till I was 18.
I was diagnosed with CFS & Fibro about 2 yrs ago.
I don't deny having fibro, makes sense to me. But, I believe there is something else going on. Over the last 3 yrs pain has only gotten worst. I rely on tramadol which doesn't do much, just takes the edge off so its more bearable.
I have thought about ms because I have a dissociative disorder that makes me feel like I'm living in a dream or drugged. It's always there & I'm used to it, but still sux. My husbands friend has ms & fibro & also te dissociative disorder. His comes & goes though.
But I've always had dry eyes & mouth. I don't recall ever not havin it. My eyes will burn, feel irritated, just dry... When I go outside the sun usually makes my eyes burn more, they water & my eyeliner tends to run.
I go through phases where I drink allot of water. I also have allot of nausea & vomiting issues. Because of the nausea, water is not appetizing so I drink powerade zero. That seems to actually keep me from vomiting. Maybe. Because It keeps me from dehydrating?
With fibro the pain has only gotten wort over the years & continues to get worst. I've been tested for everything, even my nerves & for seizures. My sleep study was normal. I just think that whatever is going on along with the fibro is making everything else worst.
I see that Sjogrens can cause muscle & joint pain, fatigue, dry eyes & mouth, nausea, brittle hair, ect. That is why I want more tests done for it. I wonder if I have that also which makes everything else worst.
Fatigue was the first problem to hit jan 99. It was before I found out I was pregnant with my first child so I blaimed that & my other symptoms on pregnancy the post partim for the first 2 yrs. I managed for all those yrs. but when fibro pain set in, the fatigue also got worst.
I guess I'm just trying to find answers. Just thought I'd learn to control this & can't when something else is going on also.
Does anyone else deal with fibro & Sjogrens together? What are your symptoms? Can you tell what symptoms are from fibro & which ones are from Sjogrens? Is your pain worst because of the two conditions?
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply