It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
Re: Having Sjogrens without positive labs?

I get the hot face flushed feeling also. I've never looked to see if my face is red, doesn't last for very long. But I'm only 32... I'm on Savella which makes me sweat easily & that could be what is causing the flushed feeling...
I get the swelling also. I've had all per swelling for a long time & none of the drs take it serious. My joints hurt & swell, especially in my fingers, swell but always negative for inflammation, RA, ect...
I do wonder if this is all Sjogrens symptoms...
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 10-23-2012, 09:05 AM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Ladies, Flushed faces can be a symptom of lupus, especially if it involves the nose and cheeks. Some people with lupus get a rash there, called a butterfly or malar rash, but some of us (I am one) just get redness intermittently, especially if overworked or out in sun or overheated. With joint pain and swelling as well, please make sure your Dr has checked you for lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, as both can be in association with Sjogren's. Only about 70% of those with Sjogren's have + blood tests for it. Those tests should be repeated yearly in my opinion, as sometimes symptoms precede the lab evidence of these illnesses by months or years.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
Boxermama (10-23-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2012, 10:04 AM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

That's interesting, I didn't know that...
I'm not sure how often my regular Rhum tests but I went to my Primary who use to work at OSHU Fibro Clinic & I could tell she was irritated because I hadn't had the blood tests in 2 yrs. She ran the Lupus, RA & Sjogrens at that time.
I agree, it really should be done yearly because the tests could change so quickly... I do wonder myself if eventually I'll test positive for RA. I doubt it but wouldn't be surprised.
Have the rest of you had your bloodwork done yearly?
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 10-23-2012, 04:20 PM   #19
(female)

Boxermama HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybud View Post
Ladies, Flushed faces can be a symptom of lupus, especially if it involves the nose and cheeks. Some people with lupus get a rash there, called a butterfly or malar rash, but some of us (I am one) just get redness intermittently, especially if overworked or out in sun or overheated. With joint pain and swelling as well, please make sure your Dr has checked you for lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, as both can be in association with Sjogren's. Only about 70% of those with Sjogren's have + blood tests for it. Those tests should be repeated yearly in my opinion, as sometimes symptoms precede the lab evidence of these illnesses by months or years.
Thanks, I thought a lupus test was done with my first round of bloodwork but it was something else, but it was done with the bunch that I just went for on Saturday, but the Dr. isn't expecting to find anything she said. I do recall having a reaction to the sun twice this past summer while just talking to my neighbor on the driveway and I figured it had something to do with medication but I will watch for symptoms.

Today I went for the results of my neck/thyroid scan and pc dr. said it was ok, nothing except few small thryroid nodules and the gland, even though slightly enlarged, is ok. It's just so weird because every few days I have a day where I really don't feel well. Dr. said it probably is Sjogren's and just need to take care of the symptoms. I guess I will just try not to over do it on those days.

I will get a copy of the bloodwork and talk to her next time about the recommended retest intervals and keep a watch on my symptoms. I see that alot of people have symptoms of things for years before they actually test positive.

Anyone know what the recommendation is about taking melatonin if you don't test positive? I know it really helps me to get good sleep, but I read that if you have anything even possibly autoimmune not to take it.

Thanks

Reply Reply