It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sjögren's Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2012, 08:44 AM   #1
(female)

Jacque51 HB User
Does this sound like it is Sjogren's?

Hello
I am fairly new here. I have been reading all the posts and I am wondering if I have Sjogren's. I am going to my internal medicine doctor this week and have her schedule me for blood tests for it. My symptoms are: dry eyes, dry nose, dry mouth, blepharitis, swollen glands, stiff neck, peripheral neuropathy, debilitating fatigue, AIED, high cholesterol, brain fog, thrush, and two separate prolonged cases of a chronic cough and sore throat. I do not have joint pain or arthritis, as most patients with this syndrome appear to have. Any feedback anyone can give me would be very appreciated. Thank you!

Old 10-23-2012, 10:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
Re: Does this sound like it is Sjogren's?

Hello I haven't been diagnosed with it but looking it too it like you are...
I had negative labs. But did more reading & found thy the blood tests aren't the most accurate. I'm getting a lip biopsy Oct 7th. I had other mention to me on here that its possible to have Sjogrens based on symptoms.
I'm glad to see you are goig to get help Make sure they test for Lupus, RA, Your vitamin B & D levels an long with Thyroid...
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

The Following User Says Thank You to thefarm For This Useful Post:
Jacque51 (10-23-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
(female)

Jacque51 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefarm View Post
Hello I haven't been diagnosed with it but looking it too it like you are...
I had negative labs. But did more reading & found thy the blood tests aren't the most accurate. I'm getting a lip biopsy Oct 7th. I had other mention to me on here that its possible to have Sjogrens based on symptoms.
I'm glad to see you are goig to get help Make sure they test for Lupus, RA, Your vitamin B & D levels an long with Thyroid...

Old 10-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #4
(female)

Jacque51 HB User

Hi Thank you for replying...I just came back from my internist and she gave me a result of negative for sjogren's. To my surprise, she said I could have mono. Test showed 44% positive (whatever that means). She said I do not have thryroid, my B vitamin was normal. She also didn't know why the extreme fatigue so she scheduled me to see a rheumatologist this Friday. Blood tests also showed a rise in glucose levels. That was also a surprise to me, as I have never been told that. I asked her about why I had such a dryness of the nose and eyes and she said it may be menopause related. I have all the hallmark symptoms of Sjogren's, but I knew before the bloodtests were taken, it may show up negative. I feel very discouraged, as I have gone on medical leave of absence and I do not have anything conclusive to go by so far. I do not know whether family, friends, or co-workers believe there is anything wrong with me, as I have been told that to look at me, one wouldn't see it. I, too, am going to the dentist and I am considering a lip biopsy. Let me know how yours turns out, if you would please. I really appreciate your feedback. Keep me posted.....

Old 10-23-2012, 10:05 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

That's strange about the mono...
I know I had it once as a teen, had strep at the same time & was so miserable...
I wish I had more info for you.. Maybe the Rhum can help! Make sure to tell him about the mono results...
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

The following user gives a hug of support to thefarm:
Jacque51 (10-24-2012)
Reply Reply